“Even Better Than Before” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Manassas - Battlefield

Holiday Inn Manassas - Battlefield
Ranked #2 of 19 Hotels in Manassas
Fairfax, Virginia
“Even Better Than Before”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

Since my last review I have stayed at this Holiday Inn 6 or 7 more times. The service and friendliness of their staff is even better than in the past. Most of the time I see Rod, the General Manager, come out when he hears someone checking in and he says hello and gives a warm welcome. There rates are excellent and even less than the next Holiday Inn up the road towards Fairfax and the rooms are larger and more comfortable.

Room Tip: All rooms are good, even those on the far side along Route 66 are quiet despite being next to the in...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Marc L
CorporateHotels, General Manager at Holiday Inn Manassas - Battlefield, responded to this review, November 8, 2013
Thank You!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Virginia Beach, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

Rod and Mel are the best and run a first rate hotel. I have never had a problem at this hotel ever. The General Manager Rod and the food services manager Mel make sure your stay is the best in the business. The food is great not to mention the service. The room was nice with lots of room. The beds were queen size and very comfortable.

Room Tip: All rooms are non smoking but the first floor rooms are close to outside and outdoor smooking is ava...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank grugh
Manassas, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

Planning a Christmas Party, Rod was extremely helpful in the setup and planning. He planned for extra help to accommodate to 25 plus people we had coming. My wife and I decide to stay the night. What a wonderful room.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Lee J
CorporateHotels, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Manassas - Battlefield, responded to this review, December 20, 2012
Thank you very much! Come back and see us soon!
Manassas, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

Was a nice place to be at .Would come back to the Holiday Inn soon.Have told the boss to send all the crew.The food was good and the people were nice. Will be back in 4 to 5 week and will stay there.The bar was nice and tv in the room was very nice.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank robert m
Thank you for you kind words! It was our pleasure to serve you and your company. See you again after the holidays!
Herndon, Va
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

The hotel beds were comfortable and the hot full buffet breakfast was great. My grandchildren were down for Thanksgiving and wanted to go swimming. This is why I booked this hotel on November 24th.
The hotel said it had a indoor heated pool. We went to the pool around 4:00PM and the minute we walked into the pool area I knew we were in trouble. It was so cold in there that I got goose bumps. The pool water was as cold as a river and the kids wouldn't get in the water. I called the front desk he told me he couldn't do anything but would call maint. We waited about two hours in the hot tub; but no one showed up. I took the kids out to dinner for another couple of hours. When we got back the pool was still cold as ice. We went back upstairs. I will not stay here again with the kids. They were so upset that they couldn't go swimming.

Room Tip: The area where the hotel is was very quiet.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
1 Thank traveler50Herndon
CorporateHotels, General Manager at Holiday Inn Manassas - Battlefield, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
Oh My!!! We sincerely apologize that the pool went out during the time you stayed with us. We did contact our maintenance person and he determined that it was the control board on the heater that had filed. Being that it was the weekend, we could not get a tech in to check or repair.

However, both systems are up and fully operational thanks you to let us know. Please call us next time you are in the area and we would like to do something special for you.

-Rod, GM
Stephens City, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

My wife and I stayed at the hotel last night and found it to be extremely pleasant. We arrived at 3:30 pm after a day visiting family in Warrenton, VA and decided to have a drink in the lounge. The bartender was extremely friendly and very accommodating. Our room was quite spacious and the bed comfortable. Got a great rate on line which included a very tasty breakfast that included real plates and silverware (not plastic), and a very attentive waitress. The front desk staff were extremely friendly and welcoming. Overall, a great stay. The only negative was the spa in the pool area. Last evening I walked into the pool area to check out the a and saw several young children playing in the spa. This morning when I walked down to relax in the spa, I discovered the water in the spa to be cloudy and murky, not very attractive at all, so I decided to pass. however, when I mentioned this condition to the front desk attendant she apologized immediately and wrote a note to pass it on to maintenance personnel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank dwalters872
CorporateHotels, General Manager at Holiday Inn Manassas - Battlefield, responded to this review, December 11, 2012
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

If you're traveling to Northern VA, there's no need to pay $300 + per night and deal with mega traffic . . . . save yourself a lot of money and stress and stay at the Holiday Inn Manassas-Battlefield! I travel with work and this is my absolute favorite and only place for me to stay when traveling to NOVA. The hotel is spotless and the rooms are extremely clean, neat and well maintained. Another big plus, especially in this part of the state, you are always greeted with a familiar face. That doesn't happen at other hotels in NOVA. A short drive takes you to a vast selection of restaurants, but if you would rather stay at the hotel, the restaurant is very very good! The price is right, the staff is wonderful and I've never stayed at a cleaner hotel . . . ever! Only issue that I had was someone parked their car within 6 inches of the driver's side of my car. No way for me to get into my car. I went to the front desk and they immediately found the person that owned the vehicle and had them move their vehicle. The staff went above and beyond to make my stay perfect. Also, the hotel location keeps road noise to an absolute minimum.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business