“Nice Hotel, but you need to request your room”

Holiday Inn Manassas - Battlefield
Ranked #5 of 20 Hotels in Manassas
Reviewed August 17, 2012

The hotel was just like most everyone else has said. Nice, clean, great staff, etc. The reason I am giving it 3* is I was in room 437 which is a corner room that is directly next to I-66 (room 438 is on the corner also). It is a very noisy room as you hear the traffic on I-66 all night long. Also being the last room in the building I could not connect on wifi (computer or iPhone), but you get an ethernet cord from the front desk to connect. So the place was very nice, but request away from I-66 and the wifi should also be stronger.

Room Tip: Request to stay away from I-66. The corner rooms that look over I-66 end with 37 and 38. I would a...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Cmcraven
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Manassas - Battlefield, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2012

Dear Cmcraven,

Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay with us. I am pleased that you liked our hotel and staff. We work diligently to ensure our facilities are well maintained and we try our hardest to provide not just good value, but comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations. I am sorry about the traffic noise that pass through your room and the issues you encountered with our WIFI service. We try our best to ensure all guests have a great stay and undisturbed sleep. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience you may have experienced. If there is anything we can do to make your next stay more comfortable, please do not hesitate to ask the Manager on Duty.

Lera M
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed August 16, 2012 via mobile

As a Platinum Elite member, I have stayed in many HI's in several countries. This is one of the very best! Not just because of location or facilities but because of the excellent quality of service provided by all the staff. This level of excellence is driven brilliantly by the General Manager Rod Jarrah who sets exceptionally high standards.

Upon arrival, my wife and I were greeted warmly, and as a Platinum member made to feel very special. Our room was upgraded to a Kingsize with whirlpool, we were given coupons for free breakfasts and a free drink at the bar. It really made us feel great! The room was spotless and the whirlpool excellent! Breakfast was fine and we had a great nights sleep. We then used the business services to book some show tickets and print them off.

All in all, the quality of this stay was outstanding, due, in the main, to the superb management skills of Rod and his team! Do not miss the opportunity to stay at this hotel!

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank B11boss
CorporateHotels, Manager at Holiday Inn Manassas - Battlefield, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2012

Reviewed August 8, 2012

I always stay at the Holiday Inn Manassas - Battlefield when I need overnight accomodations in the Manassas area. The Hotel is always clean, fresh and comfortable. The Staff is cheerful, curtious, and helpful. In the unlikely event of a problem, manager Rod is usually on site.

A cheerful greeting, a comfortable stay, and a great value awaits you at this hotel.

Reviewed August 1, 2012

I fully enjoyed the experience of my stay here. To start off, the front desk was almost begging me to place a great review for them so that they could attain another award (not sure which) and were very polite and respectful during the entire stay. The room was very large and "temperature-friendly". The beds were extremely comfortable making me wish I wasn't there for business and had to get up early. They had a very nice breakfast set-up every morning with a personal TV in every booth to watch while stuffing my face on some decent food. Another biggie for me was the free WI-FI. The only small issue was that at the time, they had issues with the vending machine company and had empty machines. In the interim, they offered soft drinks and snacks near the front desk for purchase but this did not retract in the awesome experience I had. Great place!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed August 1, 2012

We only spent the night while in town for a concert, but this is one of the nicest hotel rooms I've ever stayed in. Very comfortable beds, ample space and a nice view of the area, even though we were on the interstate side. Staff was fantastic, and very knowledgeable about the area and local events. Even had a chat with one of the front desk employees all the way up to our room after the concert. Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
CorporateHotels, General Manager at Holiday Inn Manassas - Battlefield, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2013

Reviewed July 31, 2012

OMW!!!! This room was great, the staff was wonderful, the bed slept like a dream!!! Can I go back today???? If I ever get back to this area, I WILL stay again in this hotel. I highly recommend it! The room was so very clean and you could tell that the housekeeping staff took pride in their job. They made the room invitingly clean.

Reviewed July 31, 2012

My wif and I stayed here for five days. The room was very nice, and the staff was very welcoming. We were driving a big semi tractor, and they told us no problem parking it. We ate several times in the resturant and the food is very good, and so are the drinks. lol