“Fantastic! Clean! Nice Staff!”

Holiday Inn Manassas - Battlefield
Ranked #5 of 20 Hotels in Manassas
YYZ
“Fantastic! Clean! Nice Staff!”
Reviewed June 15, 2011

This Holiday Inn was great - the staff were excellent, the room was spotless. Nice and quiet, no weird odors, no problems whatsoever. (A little isolated, so if you don't have a vehicle, make sure you have brings lots of snacks etc. to keep yourself busy)

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Yorktown, Virginia
Reviewed June 3, 2011

Our visit was awesome. The hotel was soooooooooo clean and comfortable and the staff was very friendly. My daughter and I loved the comfort of the beds and the rooms were spotless. You have a cleaning staff that cares about the rooms and hotel. The manager, Rod Jarrah was very friendly and even gave us water before we left the hotel. Well I normally don't comment on places but we know you have a great staff and will return again.

Room Tip: Rooms quite and very comfortable.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank cholcomb
Manassas Park, Virginia
Reviewed May 12, 2011

I am writing this review as I leave the premises of Holiday Inn here in Manassas, amazed, surprised, and happy to see that in the hotel business some managers have a heart.
I booked a room at this Holiday Inn location through a third party website (that I will never use again) for a friend of mine who was coming in two for four days. Few hours after booking, I learned from my friend that the plan changed and they were not coming anymore. I thought to myself "no big deal", I am just going to call that company and cancel. That is when the nightmare started. I was informed by the third party that the room was not cancellable or refundable. After attempting to contact the hotel manager, they told me that the only way for me to recover my money is to go talk to them by myself (Poor customer service). I tried several times to meet the hotel manager but I couldn't and the staff at the hotel told me that there was nothing they could do.
I went back to the company and received the it's-your-fault-and-we-can't-do-anything-about-it kind of treatment. Desperated that I was going to loose my money, I went to hotel to see if it was possible to find a customer who would like to buy my reservation from me at a cheaper price, yes that is how desperate I was (0:. I finally met the manager, Mr Rod Jarrah, and I was surprised when he told me that he already gave instructions to the third party to refund me and I was not going to charge it.
He told me that they have rules and in a normal situation I would not refund it, but because he was touched by my situation and how the staff reported it, he decided to not charge me. That is why I called my review " A Hotel with a Heart", because I met human beings who were more concerned about me as a person than the business bottom line.
That is why I will only use this location for my friends and family who come to town.
Thank you again Mr Jarrah, I really appreciated your help.
P.S: I learned from this experience that, instead of going to this website who promise low rates and stuff, just call the hotel and book through them. You might end up having better deals and you are more protected...

Room Tip: Call the hotel directly, they are great people...
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Bowling Green, Kentucky
Reviewed May 4, 2011

Great hotel-wonderful service by professionals- large rooms with soft beds and top of the line bedding. I would recommend this hotel to anyone wanting to feel pampered.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed May 4, 2011

The BEST hotel, by far, in Manassas VA ...they should be awarded with a "FIVE STAR" rating!!!...I would highly recommend!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
Amsterdam, The Netherlands

The service is great
I liked the rooms they are clean and it is cleaned very well
the location of the hotel is perfect
the food is great

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
North Potomac, Maryland
Reviewed April 11, 2011

We stayed the weekend here with my daughter's 13 year-old soccer team. From the group booking process to check-out, the staff couldn't have been more accommodating. We changed our reservations continually and the reservations staff accommodated us with a pleasant attitude each time. We changed our group dinner date and then the time at the last minute and they pulled through for us again. Vilma, in the restaurant, was so friendly and helpful that we were still talking about her after our stay.

The weekend was rainy, windy, and cold, yet the hotel was kept exceptionally clean. The lobby offered complimentary coffee and hot chocolate.

The rooms were updated, large, and had Queen beds, which were very comfortable.

The indoor pool made our weekend!

The breakfast buffet was the only dissapointing aspect of our stay. The eggs were watery and the orange juice was watery and from a powder. There was bacon, sausage, a waffle maker, one bowl with dry cereal in it, and a couple of brown bananas and some apples. That was the extent of the buffet, but for $6.99 and kids under 12 eat free, we really couldn't complain that much.

I would definitely stay here again and would recommend the hotel to any group with kids!

• Stayed March 2011