“Easy drive from Dulles, good value”

Quality Inn Manassas
Ranked #18 of 20 Hotels in Manassas
Reviewed April 11, 2014

I've stayed at this Quality Inn at least five times. You need to get into the left turn lane for Balls Ford road as soon as you leave I-66 otherwise its easy to miss. The motel is getting old but the staff are friendly and everything works. The breakfast is great, waffles, bacon and eggs and all the usual other choices. There is a good restaurant (City Grill) next door, a 24-hour 7-11 and a 240hour MacDonalds within walking distance. Shopping centers are just 1-2 miles away including Sears and a huge Wal-Mart.

Its far enough out of DC that if you head south or west early then you miss the worst traffic. The wifi-speed is good, rooms are clean. Better than the average Quality Inn and I've stayed in a lot.

Room Tip: Try for ground floor as there is no elevator.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank jmeem42016

Reviewed September 25, 2013

Stay here,drive to Vienna VA, park your car ($5/day) and hop the Metro to DC. Only problem is you need to be at the Vienna VA car park Not Later Than 7:30 AM or it is FULL of thousands of cars. Get a $14 multi use daily pass for each traveler at the Metro and off you go to D.C.It may take you 1/2 hour to go the 15 miles from the motel to Vienna each way...traffic in and out of D.C. on I66 is a HUGE parking lot.

Motel is clean, lots of room to park, excellent access. Nice restaurant next door. Lots of construction workers use it but they keep up with cleaning the rooms.

DO NOT try to drive into DC. There is NO PLACE to park. It is full of Govt Employees.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 14, 2013

+ tea and cookies out in lobby (few cookies)
+ both microwave and fridge (though very tiny freezer in fridge+ iron and ironing board

. free continental breakfast--not much in the way of protein, eggs in rubbery disks
. room appointments standard
. wifi in room, good for a page or two at a time, Download speed is about 0.1 Mbps
. cable but no TCM

- room is cramped. If someone is sitting in the desk chair you cannot squeeze between the chair and the bed. Cannot open or close the bathroom door without squeezing around it

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Mark_Leeper
gmanger, General Manager at Quality Inn Manassas, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2013

I'm very sorry you were not satisfied with your stay.We are in the process of remodeling to make the very best use of space in our rooms. Thank you for you feedback .We can use it to hopefully make your next stay a better one.

Reviewed July 23, 2013

I had booked this room at Choice Privileges online and did take advantage of their "guaranteed lowest rate".. filed with the company, got a response giving me one free night of our 3 night stay. I printed out all the emails and took them with me. The girl at the desk not only refused to honor the documents, but she refused to call the manager and also refused to let me use her phone to call Choice Privileges to get the problem straightened out. (she told me her phone wouldn't dial out)I had to return to the car, in the sweltering heat (after an 8 hour car ride) and use minutes on my cell phone to get it taken care of in a less than timely manner. The hotel also charged my credit card for all three nights and it required some effort to get them to refund the money.
The room was adequate, the breakfast was sparse, but the location was convenient and the room was clean.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
gmanger, General Manager at Quality Inn Manassas, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2013

As per our conversation,I'm sorry for the problems you had at check in. We did work as fast as possible the next day to get it resolved. Thank you for bringing these things to my attention so that we can improve our service in the future. Deborah Strawser ,GM

Reviewed July 10, 2013

This is a horrible hotel. I put an employee here and when I went to pick him up I actually felt bad for punishing him by putting him in this hotel. The manager appears to be racist against foreigners...which he was. The rooms are nasty.. his had mold on the wall in the bathroom as well. The employees are not at their best...partially led by their less than stellar manager. I think even the Bates Motel would be better than this place.

Room Tip: Just don't do it!
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Richard M
gmanger, General Manager at Quality Inn Manassas, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2013

Im very sorry for the problems you had at our hotel. We we trying to enforce our policies and things were taken in the wrong way. Once again Im very sorry you were not satisfied.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

Well from now on I will definitely read the reviews before I book. I was looking for an outdoor pool, Had no idea this was a motel and had the doors outside that you go into your room in. Our local Quality Inn in my area is NOT like this. This is a dump, bathroom is definitely outdated.If you have high expectations dont even think of staying here.
The so called breakfast they have is not worth eating....we had to go elsewhere, and the pool....dont open til 12

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank TyTy0909
Reviewed May 31, 2013

Not up to Comfort Inn standards. Kind of beat up. Outside doors.
Darkening curtains but no privacy sheers so for outside light it is all or nothing even if you are just sitting around.
Breakfast was typical of free breakfasts. Room had fridge.
Small room; bed and one chair.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family