“Really first class spanish food in a nice ambient”
Review of Ole Ole Tapas Restaurante - CLOSED

Ole Ole Tapas Restaurante
Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed June 27, 2014

This is my second visit to the restaurant and i was again surprised by the great ambience and the quality of service and food. One of the things i really appreciate in a restaurant is having an open kitchen so i am able to check the process of cooking and the cleaness of the place where it's cooked what i am going to eat. Regarding this, Ole Ole is 100% first class. Everybody should visit it and join the spanish flavour.

1  Thank Dani_Garcia_L

Reviewed June 26, 2014 via mobile

We enjoyed an evening here recently for my sister's birthday. Had been here a few times before so knew it was a fail safe option. It's the way I like to eat, lots of plates of tapas dishes and big dishes on the table all to share. On this occasion I was the only guy amongst the Cougars and we took over the covered veranda.
One of my favourite tapas here is patatas Bravas perfectly crunchie on the outside, soft in the middle, spicey with paprika and mayonaise.
Mains we had large dishes of what they describe as shellfish in a broth and a variation on a paella, this one made with short macaroni...I'd never have thought how good that was going to be.
Fish was excellent and my sister also had some fried calamari which she devoured. One of the Cougars is vegetarian and a dish was made specifically for her. This is how I know things are made from scratch here.
Plenty of cold fruity sangria was poured, and the dancing commenced, not the talented flamenco dancers of the restaurant but our party doing what we now refer to as the flamingo dance!!
Hosting was genuine and friendly, suggestions made and accepted. Later a chocolate cake was presented with enough left for my sister to take some home for her son.
Will definitely be back, they seem to do lots of different evenings keeping the interest alive.

1  Thank NJG68
Reviewed June 21, 2014

NOW SERVING.... A special new PAELLA @ the lately opened Ole` Ole` restaurant in triq il Halel Bugibba ..... the very latest taste of Paella, sooooooo original with King prawns, muscles and roach...... yes I got mine with a cooked COCKROACH measuring over an inch... amazingly this is cooked and served in a large pan and for some reason the chef did`nt notice the roach..... unfortunately i got it but luckily i noticed it straight away..... took my partner there for dinner and we got put off straight away by this.... the place needs to be visited by the health authorities....[ this was last night ]

1  Thank stvdud
Reviewed May 25, 2014

We ordered Paella which came highly recommended. We were left wondering why. Maybe we should have stuck with tapas!

Reviewed May 9, 2014 via mobile

As a manager of two hotels in bugibba i recommend ole ole to many guest who always come back happy! As well as the food being fantastic the service is excellent and a home from home atmosphere.......
Fantastic selection of food and specials,pallea to die for and a great selection of drinks!