“Authentic Spanish food - fabulous atmosphere”
Review of Ole Ole Tapas Restaurante - CLOSED

Ole Ole Tapas Restaurante
Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed April 13, 2014

A group of us went to Olé Olé because we heard the Paella was excellent. We were not disappointed! The chef comes from Valencia and all the staff are Spanish too, which only lends to the fabulous atmosphere! You really do feel that you have stepped right into Spain. We started off with a very tasty array of different tapas! I particularly loved the muscles which we washed down with delicious sangria. For our main course we shared the rabbit and chicken paella as well as the seafood paella full of succulent shell fish. In fact both paellas were very moist and the servings rather large. We had an exceptionally good bottle of Spanish red wine to go with this, the name of which I'm afraid escapes me. During our meal we were entertained by a couple of superb Flamenco dancers. I especially enjoyed the Sevillanas, where the dancers were spontaneously joined by some Spanish nationals sitting at the table next to us.The hosts Claudia and Xavier are very friendly, yet professional. I recommend you visit the restaurant on Saturday evening as there is always Flamenco entertainment and you might also be lucky enough to find a very talented Venezuelan women singing into the early hours of the morning.

1  Thank Nico C

Reviewed April 9, 2014

For taste of Spanish well-being, you don't need to go far! This restaurant offers the best of Spanish delight - tasty traditional food, delicious home-made sangria, infectious folk / modern latin music topped off with a lovely atmosphere and gracious hosts.

For a night out with friends / family look no further - it's easy to find and the fun is guaranteed!

Would I go again? Con mucho gusto! :P

1  Thank Henners103
Reviewed March 29, 2014

We went to this restaurant because as a spanish we miss a lot cheeses, tapas and paella; and were very satisfied with all the food and I have to recognized that it was one of the best seafood paella I ever tried. We will come back soon because the food was delicious and they have a lot of different dishes (raciones and tapas) that we would like to try. If you are looking for a spanish food taste, this the right place to go in Malta. And the staff was also very kind.

1  Thank Esther D
Reviewed March 22, 2014 via mobile

went with my girlfriend yesterday.. was still open at around 3..very good for late eaters.. food was good, staff was friendly and prices very good.. will be visiting the place again very soon.. was everything muy bieb

1  Thank jpparnis
Reviewed March 20, 2014

I visited the restaurant a few times (lunch with friends, dinner with my partner) .. and I will definitely coming back again. The food is amazing=very very tasty. I can recommend it for a special occasions as well as it has a great vibes and the manager/owner is very attentive. It is always a good choice if you are not in a mood for traditional maltese or italian cuisine :) Paella is amazing and it goes well with spanish wine of course :)

1  Thank VeroNika1987