“First visit more impressive than second...”

Batubulan Sunset Grill
Ranked #28 of 168 Restaurants in Bugibba
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Refreshing and exotic atmosphere, the Batubulan terrace grill is situated at the water's edge and forms part of the Amazonia Complex.The ideal place to enjoy a thirst-quenching drink and a succulent Salad during the day or a slab of tender BBQ meat in the evening, whilst enjoying the cool sea breeze from the wooden terrace.Open for lunch and dinner during the warm Summer months!
Reviewed November 3, 2013

First visit very impressed with food and service,
Second found meal lacking slightly,husband had a rib eye steak had expected at least a tomato came with onion rings and chips, a little disappointing.
On first night he had the Thai chicken which came with rice, puppadom, and salad and was delicious.
It seemed everywhere we ate averaged 55 euro for the four of us, no starters or desserts, no wine or coffee.

Reviewed November 2, 2013

We stayed at the Dolmen Resort and ate in the restaurant on a couple of occasions. The service was first rate and the views over the bay are truly memorable. Anyhow to the food, it was excellent! I had the 3 fish platter and it was probably one of the finest fish dishes I have ever had, it was so fresh and perfectly cooked. The waitress brought and extra bowl filled to the brim with mussels, prawns, squid and clams. My wife had the Chicken Risotto which was large enough for 3 people, it was cooked to perfection.

On our second night a Russian couple blew smoke over us where we sitting, I spoke to the waitress and she moved us to another location without a fuss. The food again was outstanding, I had Sea Bream and it was spectacular. We paid around £50 per night for food and drinks and thought it was value for money.

Reviewed November 1, 2013 via mobile

My family and I where looking for somewhere to eat one night and just took a gamble on Batubulan and we where not disappointed!!! The food outstanding the service outstanding treat my six year little girl like a princess even made her a little bench to sleep on when it got late and she was tired and the location outstanding looking out towards Gozo what more can I say!!! We ended up going back a few times and if we come back to Malta will certainly go back there very happy customer!!! 5 star from us

Reviewed October 24, 2013 via mobile

The location is nice if you like a sea view with your meal but the food is terrible and the staff was bored. I suppose one can not expect too much from Bugibba

1  Thank Navigaytion
Reviewed October 23, 2013

Had a lovely relaxing evening, service was almost too fast. Main courses of salmon and seafood spaghetti were very tasty. Only complaints were that the 'combo' starter was just three small prawns and a salad and a few of the large mussels in the seafood spaghetti were not open so could not be risked. Apart from that, a very enjoyable experience.