“Overcooked fish.... twice” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Paulus Kitchen

Paulus Kitchen
Ranked #31 of 152 Restaurants in Bugibba
Cuisines: Mediterranean, European
Good for: Kids, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Scenic view, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: At Paulus Restaurant one can enjoy a great dining experience, ambience music with a great view of St. Paul's Harbour.We have some wonderful seasonal dishes and a selection of premium wines at great prices for you to enjoy with your meal. We aim to serve the very best food.We thrive on sourcing, preparing and serving superb seafood, which is so full of genuine Mediterranean flavours.Our a la carte menu & set menus are created with care and with our great passion for quality and flavours.
St. Paul's Bay, Malta
“Overcooked fish.... twice”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2013

This is a lovely gem in Bugibba and the staff is very attentive, however, on both occasions that I have been there, my main course fish dishes were over cooked.

On the first occasion, my friend and I shared a barracuda (litz). While it was amazingly tasty, it was dry. On the second occasion, I had scallops for starters which were amazing, and for seconds, I had lobster linguini. This came with the lobster on half shell. Whatever lobster meat was left was completely dried out. The meat in the dish itself was fine. My friend ordered his tuna steak rare, it turned out well done.

Needless to say, for the price paid, I will not be going back to this place.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Kanadiza

• Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Woodinville, Washington, United States
“Best Sea Bass Ever”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013

We went to Paulus restaurant because we were staying nearby. I have travelled around the world and eaten a lot of fish. This was the best Sea Bass I have ever had. Exceptional tasting food.

1 Thank Rich R
St. Paul's Bay, Malta
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“My favourite place to eat in the North”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2013

I've eaten here several times now and never been let down. The food is great at reasonable prices and the staff have always been super friendly. I always go for the mussels.....everytime they taste amazing and that's what makes me keep going back!
We always take friends and family for a meal here, and we recommend Paulus to all our customers.
Lets face it, its hard to find somewhere decent to eat that overlooks the sea in St Paul's Bay/Bugibba but Paulus is pretty close and being at the end of the "tourist" walk, with its chill out vibes playing in the background makes it a great place to eat, drink and loose yourself for a few hours.

Ruzomberok, Slovakia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The best after a very long time”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2013

After many years we were again enjoying time by the sea and besides azure water we were also interested in enjoying some great meal and especially fresh fish. Restaurant Paulus truly fulfilled our expectations of a great holiday with their amazing dinner. Already delicate appetizers have fulfilled our needs and the main course have exceeded all of our expectations. We were also served with Maltese wines of a great quality and of a surprisingly low price. Thanks to restaurant Paulus and their polite service we have experienced a delightful evening. Many things we didn't manage to see in Malta, but when we come here again, we will definitely visit Paulus again, as well as we recommend it to all of the other tourists coming to Malta.

1 Thank Filip H
London, United Kingdom
“Paulus again, oh yes please.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2013

We saw this restaurant as we went down for our Hornblower cruise so decided to go there that evening.
Very good sevice, staff that know their food and will advise you how to have a meal but not in a way to intimidate you.
We went back the next night as we enjoyed ourselves so much. I had the sea bass again as I love it and get small portions served over here in the UK. My husband has fish both nights too, our son had pasta and the chicken.
Our last full evening was spent here too. Sea bass again for me and steak for husband. Again, all cooked to perfection and wonderful service. You are made to feel welcome here, it is like dining with friends.
Sadly back home in the rain so hopefully I can be back in Malta soon sitting here for the evening.

1 Thank mikahaga