“Rooms Too Hot”

and 1 more site!
Sunseeker Holiday Complex
Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Bugibba
Reviewed October 10, 2009

I booked this accommodation after reading the reviews on this site.

Booked with Travel Republic. Had 2 bedroom apt as it was cheaper than 1 bedroom apt.
which we thought was strange. I think the positive reviews came from people who had apt in different part of the complex. Ours was over the bar. We never got back until 1 in the morning, but even then some guests still sat outside and noise carries. Our apt was at the front, and the balcony was so tiny there were two chairs on it, but room only for one person to sit.
We had no window in the lounge nor ceiling fan, so even though the bedrooms kept fairly cool with the fan on all night, once you moved into the livingroom it was Hot!! Dingy too as we had to have the light on as soon as we woke up.

The apt had been refurbished with new furniture throughout but was basic as we expected. When we arrived, I took my shoes off to unpack the cases. When I had finished, my feet were black. Could only assume that the floor hadn't been cleaned. Sheets only changed once a week, so I had to mop the floor daily to keep sheets clean.

On a positive note; Staff were very friendly. Reception area was cool, -( perhaps as well, as once we had a shower we had to rush to get out of the apt as we started sweating buckets again) Roof top area had lovely view, with a small pool.

The location was great, quiet cul de sac,. Good resort, only a few minutes walk from the square in one direction, and the bus stn and Qawra with more bars in the other direction only five minutes walk.
Ricardo the barman was very friendly and mixed with everyone. We met people there who came back year after year to the Sunseeker, but could not understand why.
Use the buses to see the island. It's not worth hiring a car. Good bus service.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple

Reviewed September 25, 2009

We went early July when it was monumentally hot and we had a great time. And I have a husband who tries to only go to Northern Europe. We are going back Easter 2010. What I would say is you get what you pay for and if you go to Sunseeker check the costs of the apartments direct with flights. We got a 2 bedroom apartment , with scheduled BA flights, for for about £1,500 for 3 people - so don't book with a tour operator.

Anyway the staff were lovely, the location of our apartment which was just outside the complex, great. The minimarket prices were actually cheaper for some things than the main supermarket by the bus station. As for cleaning I had to persuade the maid to leave - my husband was doing his dying in the heat act and I have the recalcitrant adolescent male. But she did come twice a week and did a good job. Clean towels, sheets etc.

And even better it is only a 300 yd walk to 2 of the main scuba diving schools as well as some great restaurants. And if you go out via the swimming pool there is a great patisserie just opposite.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank Moira54
Reviewed September 10, 2009

Hi everyone

First of all please let me tell you that I am not one of those fuddy duddies who complain about everything. But I felt I just had to warn you. This is our 4th time in Malta and after this experience I would not go back.

The hotel reception staff were very friendly, and the mini market was very good it was as cheap as the local supermarkets.

But the room was like a dungeon it was on the groud floor with very little light. The kitchen diner was so small and dark no fan no window. the main bedroom had a small window and a small balcony in the boys room. There was a family of 6 moved in when we moved out so 2 of there children would have had to sleep in that kitchen.

We saw the rep the next day and we were moved to a much better room on the 3rd floor we had 2 small balonies front and back no air con just fans in the bedrooms very very hot. But the kitchen diner was very large. It seems to me that it depended on who you booked with as to what room you got. the 3 people in the next room to us had to have the front door open all the time because there apartment was so small and hot. Other rooms had huge balconies.

I booked well in advance with Thomas Cook it wasn't a late deal we paid £2,600 for utter rubbish.

You had to take out your own rubbish, the floor was not cleaned in 2 weeks. The bed was changed once. The towels were changed 3 times.

The swimming pool was on top of the hotel it was very small. You could not eat or drink anything of your own you have to buy it from the bar/cafe. Even though it was self catering.

Please do not waste your hard earned cash on this place.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
3  Thank kaz2902
Reviewed August 24, 2009

First time in Malta, but was recommended the Sunseeker and was not disappointed. Staff helpful and friendly,room clean and had all we needed in it. On arrival it was Sunday eve and all the shops were shut so it was nice to have a welcome pack containing all you need, ( Bottled water,Tea,Coffee,Sugar,Milk,Bread,Butter and Jam).Close to seafront, bus stops and all restaurants near the square so location was perfect. Using the bus was easy and cheap,and only took about 40 mins to get to Valletta. Roof top pool small but enough to cool down in and plenty of sunbeds if you got there by 10 o,clock. Nice little shop in basement supplying all you need for self catering.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Paul S
Reviewed July 23, 2009

myself and my husband stayed at the sunseekers for the first two weeks in july,
the rooms where hot but very clean, the hotel is very close to the beach and bus stops and the staff are very friendly,
the roof top with pools and refreshment bar provides a nice breeze and the most breath taking scenery,
there are plenty of places to eat in the sqaure and around and a couple of good chip shops,
if you like music and you dont want to hire the tv,then i suggest you take a cd player or radio,
we loved our stay at the sunseekers and would go back again.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jennifermj
Reviewed July 15, 2009

I have stayed at sunseeker holiday complex 4 times now, all at ifferent times of the year and everytime i have been, it has been a pleasure. I think the first thing you realise when going up the street is the detail and the colour of the hotel. It is bright and cheerful. The next thing you realise upon entering the hotel is the friendliness of the the staff there. It is a family run hotel so they are family orientated.
I was only 10 the first time i went andnow only 17 but them 4 times i went in the space of 7 years i was not dissapointed.
A great place for families, children, adults, seniors and basically evryone

• Stayed: January 2007, traveled with family
2  Thank cr41gwood
Reviewed June 23, 2009

Sunseeker is a great place to stay, in the centre of bugibba.
Staff are great, especially Joe the barman. Family run so nice & friendly place to stay.
Close to great restaurants, Vinnie's just down the road & Sofra just up the hill. To name a few.
This was my second stay at sunseeker & will stay there every time in Bugibba.
Booked directly with commplex, via email for 40 euros per night.
Flight with airmalta, direct too.

Enjoy...

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with friends
2  Thank rainyhall
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bugibba
Park Lane Aparthotel
3 mi away
Pergola Hotel & Spa
Pergola Hotel & Spa
#4 of 12 in Mellieha

Been to Sunseeker Holiday Complex? Share your experiences!