“Friendly, but you do get what you pay for.”
Review of Relax Inn Hotel

Relax Inn Hotel
Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in Bugibba
Reviewed August 25, 2013

Cannot fault the staff, very helpful and eager to please.
But,
The rooms are basic, the swimming pool - on the roof, has good views but is really a plunge pool, the food is reasonable and always a fair selection of both hot and cold with regulars staying who will help make you feel very welcome at meal times.
Location is excellent for the Buggiba nightlife!
Buggiba itself is a bit like Blackpool just warmer, if fish and chips and cheap largers your thing go for it!
Buses are cheap, regular and reliabl so we spent most of our time exploring the rest of the Island.
Would we stay again at the Relax Inn, possibly, the memeories are good !

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank ChazJJ

Reviewed August 16, 2013

We stayed at the hotel last year and were very well looked after so we decided to use the same hotel again.
Once again the staff were excellent and very friendly, they couldn't do enough to help us. We booked in April and they also arranged the taxi's to and from the airport.
Yes the hotel may need the odd lick of paint here and there but the friendliness of the staff more than make up for it. The food is good with a choice of starters and main courses and again my youngest son who is a very fussy eater was offered anything he wanted.
The rooms were cleaned everyday.
If you want a good, clean hotel that is centrally located then this is a great place to stay.
Thanks again we hop to see you again soon

Room Tip: See views are the best ask for floors three or aove
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank Phil P
Reviewed July 17, 2013

Really good value for money holiday basic but 5 star service the whole time we were there. The staff were extremely helpful and made our stay relaxing and stress free. The rooms were basic but very clean, sheets and towels changed daily. The hotel is very close to bars and resturaunts with alot of good food to choose from. The hotel and surrounding area made us feel safe to roam around without stress of bieng haggled by sellers. We had a good sea view room and they do a fantastic full english breakfast. The hotel was quiet but the best holiday we have ever had and we will definatly be going back next year. We have been to 5* hotels before but this hotel beats all of them hands down.
Thanks for a great holiday
Mandy & Tony (503)

Room Tip: Top floor rear are sea view.
5  Thank Kim W
Reviewed June 24, 2013

the only thing we can say about this hotel is give it a miss. the hotel is worn and tired, the beds needed new mattresses as you could feel the springs as you sat down. the curtains were threadbare the sheet was disgusting i could not stay there. we asked the receptionist for a better room only to be told this was the best room. we then contacted our rep to find us another hotel asap. (never never stay at this hotel)

Room Tip: can not give one for this hotel
7  Thank southcott
Reviewed June 12, 2013

The only good thing about the Relax Inn is that it is clean and they change the towels every day. I knew that this was a budget hotel, and we have been to a few which were good, so after reading other reviews, decided to book, but it really is run down. When we arrived after checking in we went up to our room only to have to go back to reception and ask how to get lights on. The guy on duty did not look too happy about having to come up too the room to show us. We only used the hotel to leave our clothes and sleep in as our balcony faced a brick wall and only got the sun at night. The beds are terrible and I did not get

8  Thank Linda G
Reviewed June 3, 2013

I take my critiques on here seriously and would like to think I can believe others...well, this hopefully was the exception. I looked for hours for somewhere to stay while in Malta and because it had good marks and a low price I thought I'd take a chance...NEVER AGAIN! Being cheap obviously isn't the way to go. Sometimes I think I must be crazy or I got the WORST room in the whole place.
First, I get inside the outdated room - if you get a double that means 2 little beds - not a double bed. The bathroom was surprisingly large. My toliet never flushed well. When you shower, the water is dark yellow - gross. The TV is crazy small, but it doesn't matter because 5 of the 10 channels are in Italian. Ok, so i didn't come to Malta to watch TV or stay in the room. The breakfast - is gross. If you can scrape by with toast, cereal, and orange juice, you'll be fine. Most of the people staying here seemed to be older British people, who were very friendly. I also paid extra for the half board - don't do this. You'll eat out and there are many options by that are good and cheap. The sheets on the bed, which I could HEAR the springs, were torn. I can't remember if I requested nonsmoking but there was an ashtray in my room and when I blew my nose on toliet paper it reaked of cigarettes. The phone in my room didn't work, so if you need to call and check reservations, good luck! I reported it to the front desk, who did nothing. While I was checking out I realized it had a pool.
I stayed in room 201. Next time: St. Juliens...so much more to do and prettier!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
9  Thank jmlucas33
Reviewed June 1, 2013

Had a great stay at the Relax Inn, two parties of two, because we only arrived late Sharon arranged for delicious sandwiches and water to be left in our room. We expected normal sandwiches but these were on home made buns and took about ½ an hour to eat. The sandwiches were mouth watering.
As has, been said by other trip advisor's the rooms are spotless and cleaned every day with clean towels supplied every day. The continental breakfast is massive although if you wish you can have a full English for around £2.75. We stayed half board and the evening meal consists of a choice of two starters (Usually soup (Consommé) or pasta) followed by two hot main meals or salad, or omelette, of your choice, followed by about 4 different sweets. The food was very nice, home cooked and fresh.

The location is very good only a couple of minutes from the square where there are lots of bars and shops and the sea front for a warm evening walk and cool down. We had one noisy night on the Sunday, with loud music, but this only lasted till around 11 o’clock, and who cares, your on holiday, join in, or go home, don’t complain to the Hotel it’s not their fault.

All of the staff are very nice, friendly and polite especially the cleaning staff and the waitresses, and Sharon and Garry on reception, nothing is too much trouble for them.

We will be returning definitely, cannot thank them enough for a very enjoyable stay.

The roof terrace is ideal for sunbathing and getting a tan, and is complete with plunge pool to cool you off.

Room Tip: 3rd floor rear good view of square and sea, front view over main street and restaurants
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
9  Thank LairdandLady4
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bugibba
Topaz Hotel
Park Lane Aparthotel
Oriana at the Topaz Hotel
Oriana at the Topaz Hotel
#8 of 14 in St. Paul's Bay

Been to Relax Inn Hotel? Share your experiences!