“Excellent stay would recommend”
Review of Relax Inn Hotel

Relax Inn Hotel
Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in Bugibba
Shirebrook, United Kingdom
“Excellent stay would recommend”
Reviewed April 28, 2011

I have stopped here since 7th march till the 9may and I find the hotel staff very helpful indeed nothing is a problem. Sharon clayton and gary plus other staff excellent. The hotel is getting a good upgrade ie LCD tv in every room free wifi per floor .hotel coverage excellent .. Winter months from oct to April of course over 50 but we all get there don't we? . Towels and rooms cleaned daily food excellent I put on weight on being on half board basis . Can be noisy on street side. But that's traffic like any where else you could be. Walk to the square 5 mins and beach front central location shop pubs and restaurants ..good rates for long stays and certainly short ones as well see sharon and she will help you out with excursions and fares etc.

• Stayed March 2011
2 Thank Ragsdap67

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 12, 2011

we were really happy with the hotel, the staff are friendly and the accommodation is basic but good for the money. The food was fine, we stayed half board and the breakfast was good with a choice of local bread and fruit and ham cheese etc, the evening meal had two choices for each course. It was a shame that the tv didn't have any english channel other than CNN (and the sound seemed to be scambled on this)
The location is very close to the square and the sea, a great position but it is near a loud nightclub which didn't bother us but may bother some, it was only open on the last day of our trip but I imagine the surroundings could be noisy in high season.
All in all I would say it is a well placed hotel with all the facilities that you need and a nice atmosphere for a reasonable price. I would recommend.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Derbyshire
Reviewed April 10, 2011

I have just returned from a week at the Relax Inn. I can honestly say I've never stayed at a more friendly hotel ever. From Gary in reception to Sharon (the owner I think), the chefs, waitress, and the cleaners ...... everyone was superb. I went all inclusive and absolutely nothing was a problem. The beds were changed every other day, and towels changed daily. When I arrived it was a little cold but was told to put the heating on and everything was great. Bugibba is a wonderful little place and everyone is so friendly. I stayed in Qawra before but without doubt will be coming back to the Relax Inn as my stay was so enjoyable. All the guests (mostly single people) were so friendly too. Most times when on holiday I hardly speak to anyone as most folks are unfriendly but not so att he Relax Inn. To describe it properly .... its like home away from home.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank beth014
Sussex
Reviewed March 21, 2011

I have just returned from the Relax Inn, my second visit there and you really can't fault it for the price (I got a very good deal with a certain orange airline's holiday site)

Rooms are not flash and could do with a spruce up in the furniture department but they are kept spotlessly clean, towels changed every day etc etc. They even washed the coffee mug I had left on the side and forgotten to clean.

Breakfast is as described in other reviews, standard fare and I haven't found anything that wasn't fresh.

The staff are very people friendly and will put a face to a room number in hours, one of the advantages of a small hotel.

Location is good, close to amenities although if there is loud music in the Square and you have a room on that side, it can be a bit intrusive.

I will happily use the Relax Inn for my solo trips to Malta, there's always a warm welcome and a "no problem" attitude.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled solo
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 16, 2011

Hotel was in a great location near the beach and the shops/nightlife.We were in room 208 on the 2nd floor overlooking the street which was quite noisy of a night time due to cars racing up and down the street and people coming back from local bars.The room was basic but adequate for our needs.Kettle in the room with a portable television.Air conditioning or heating could be used which was included in the price of our stay.( Did not have to pay extra for it ) It was quite chilly of a nightime so we mainly used the heater anyway.portable hairdryer in the bathroom on the wall came in handy.There was a fridge in the room but it did not work,never complained about it as we had no use for it anyway.Room was clean and the Maid came in every day and changed the sheets and supplied clean towels.We stayed here on a bed and breakfast basis.We had a few evening meals in the hotel and it cost 5.00 euro's per person which was payable on the day if you decided you wanted to have dinner there.Consisted of salad or soup for starters,main meal and then dessert.drinks not included.No entertainment at the hotel but we choose to visit the local bars and restaurants in the area anyway.There is a roof top terrace which had stunning views but the pool was closed due to the time of the year.We found the staff to be very friendly and helpful,especially the young lady who worked on the reception.She arranged all our trips for us which were reasonably priced and she even done searches for us on the internet and rang the venues direct to inquire about opening times/prices for us.She always had a smile on her face and went out of her way to help with any inquiries we had.Her customer service was excellent We would definitely consider using this hotel again."
Top Tip:
"we done the Horse Riding at Golden bay which was nice.The lady picked us up from the hotel and dropped us back again.Cost us 30.00 euros each person but we had 2 hours of horse riding and the views there and back was beautiful.well worth the price.The Tourist Bar In Nakkri Street,Qawra was very good.Julie and Charles make you feel very welcome.They have Karaoke,bingo and quizzes going on.The cherry wine is a must have.Tastes lovely. ( Home Made )"

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank FELINE501
York, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 6, 2011

Stayed 5 nights.

The rooms are well-cleaned and the service spot-on every day, even if you leave the room late as we did a couple of times (11.30am).

Beds are a little short for someone of 6ft4 but should be fine for most people. A bit hard, but come with plenty of pillows and a blanket for those out-of-season trips.

Bathroom was fine, with strong enough pressure in the shower.
Generally no issues with hot water, except on one day past 10am, when there was none left.

Television is very small so we never used it (which is a good thing). Most laptops have larger screens than this.

Swimming pool is closed off-season and given it's on the terrace and Malta was only 15 degrees when we went, I don't think we'd have wanted to use it anyway!

Staff are friendly, even cracking a few (appropriate) jokes at times.

Breakfast is what you'd expect from a budget B&B offering: continental, with plenty of bread, cheese and sliced meats available. A full english is available on request at a supplement of around 3-4 euros, the going rate for breakfast in and around the Bugibba area.

Good location, with enough bars and restaurants around, even off-season. The bus station is a 5 minute walk away, with services running along the main road only 2-minutes away. The sea is close, also only a 2-minute walk.

Overall, very happy with the choice for the price. Clean, well-presented and all you need for a cheap break away.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Burbage, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 5, 2011

The Relax Inn is a great little hotel. Bedrooms basic but clean, with tv, kettle, fridge etc. Towels changed daily, I stayed all inclusive and the food was simple but good with a choice at dinner of 2 starters, 2 main plus salad, and 3 deserts. Sharon and Gary are so friendly and helpful, nothing was too much trouble. Most people were over 55 which was ideal for me. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who wanted a small, friendly hotel. I hope to go back again.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bugibba
Topaz Hotel
InterContinental Malta
#12 of 32 in Saint Julian's
4.0 of 5 bubbles 3,825 reviews
db San Antonio Hotel + Spa

Been to Relax Inn Hotel? Share your experiences!