“Great local food, a taste of Malta”
Review of Ta Pawla

Ta Pawla
Ranked #10 of 157 Restaurants in Bugibba
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Are you looking for a nice place to spend a nice evening eating good food and drinking good wine? We have just the best place for you - Ta' Pawla Restaurant situated in Tourists Street in Saint Paul's Bay. The menu is varied and at a reasonable price. Ta' Pawla Restaurant serves Fish, Meat, Pasta, Pizza and Local Maltese Cuisine. The service is friendly and efficient and the food is excellent.
London, United Kingdom
“Great local food, a taste of Malta”
Reviewed September 27, 2012

We ate at this restaurant during a holiday to Malta and were pleasantly surprised by the quality and standard of service given other experiences we had in restaurants in the area.

The food on the whole was good, although it must be said, the stodgy nature of Maltese cuisine meant my fiancée and I were both very red and hot during the meal eating it! We both had the local pasta dish to start with my fiancée selecting the rabbit for main whilst I chose the beef olives. All the food was very week prepared, warm and tasted great, the serving sizes were exemplary too.

Our only flat was the place tried a bit too hard to please and we were a little bit surprised by the offended looks given to us by staff when we asked to sit outside (despite it being a lovely evening)!

A great restaurant, possibly the best in the area!

Visited September 2012
1 Thank Neil R

• Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Leicester, United Kingdom
“Good food - very busy place!”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Good basic food - excellent fresh fish - select it yourself from the counter. Efficient service. If you dont smoke and dont want to sit with smokers, go inside, otherwise the 'conservatory bit at the front can get a bit smelly

Visited September 2012
“Fantastic!!!!”
Reviewed September 22, 2012

Firstly I will say that I love my Steak and it's my food of choice in most restaurants. This was the BEST steak I have ever tasted, so tender it's was unreal! The local wine was lovely and my partner said her pork was amazing also! I didn't want to give it a poor mark for atmosphere but this was hard to judge as it was slightly off season and it was 6pm on the dot so the place was practically empty. That said we got a table for two on the balcony overlooking the sea (the only 2 out there) and that coupled with brillient service was more than enough for me. 60 euro, all in including tip felt like a bargain. Must try if your in Malta!!

Southampton, United Kingdom
“Excellent Food”
Reviewed September 17, 2012

Because one of the restaurants we wanted to eat was busy we taken 2nd best. But it was good and we did go back for three night. Meals were good value for money, tasty , well prepared and excellent service.I have been in the catering trade for 51 years, yes not 5 stars, but good food at a realistic price.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank Fred F
south wales
“Rump steak 1/4 thick ?”
Reviewed September 14, 2012

We were swishes in by the. Desert fridge which we accepted ordered our meals fillet for my wife and rump for myself. When they arrived my wife's steak was beautiful medium rare then mine arrived two steaks of about 1/4 thick or 6 mm and well done. When I complained I was told I should have asked for it in one piece ???

• Visited September 2012