“High expectations”

I Cannoli Trattoria Siciliana
Ranked #28 of 165 Restaurants in Bugibba
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: We offer a pasta menu with a wide range of choices cooked with the finest quality ingredients offering impressive portion sizes at a price that shows our belief in great value. Our A'La Carte menu offers a combination of Mediterranean and traditional local Maltese Dishes, cooked with a style and flair unique to Giuseppe's kitchen. Our menu board aslo shows daily special offers of typical Sicilian dishes.
Reviewed July 6, 2013

I had heard good things about this restaurant and after reading tripadvisor reviews I decided to give it a try with some friends. What to say... disappointment. A lot of good will but poor results, perhaps partly because my expectations were high. The place is nice if compared with the local standards, although a bit noisy, and the staff is very courteous and smiling, although not well trained. We had a good start with appetizers, tasty and well presented, but got lost immediately after: pasta was a bit overcooked (and I can understand this can be an adaptation to local taste) or too salty, the vegetable timbale was not exactly superb and sweet-and-sour tuna was too sweet and not sour enough. As a dessert I had cannoli. The shell was ok, but the filling did not taste as it should.

1  Thank Ombretta P

Reviewed June 27, 2013

After spotting the ' I Cannoli' on tripadviser I felt I should give it a try while in Malta.

Very welcoming and friendly atmosphere was my first impression, which was helped by the delightful young waitress who served us. She was happy to explain the food available and if you wanted some ingredients added or taken away it was no problem.
The chef could be seen bringing food to the tables if his waitress was busy with customers so not to let the food spoil.
The care and attention taken to prepare these dishes could be found in the presentation and flavour. I can honestly say it was the best Italian meal I have ever had!!

This is only a small restaurant but big in atmosphere and quality food and at very good price!!

Please note the food here is to be enjoyed and not to be hurried and the staff here are in hurry for you to leave. So relax and enjoy this little bit of Sicily in Malta!

Reviewed June 27, 2013

Was a pleasure eating here. From the mixed platter of fried sea food and sicilian specialities to the excellent fresh fish al l'acqua pazza. Very good cannoli too. Only downside was the food smell that permeates from the kitchen but owner said he's working on better odour extraction. Highly recommended if you're around this part of town.

Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

Lovely food always made to feel welcome. Good price and always willing to go the extra mile for you. Will continue to return time and time again.xx

Reviewed June 23, 2013

The ambiance may not be the best but the food is traditional Sicilian fare at its best. Starters include meat and fish carpaccio fresh burschetta and other similar dishes. My favourite main course is the calamari ripieni however today I tasted the neri di sepia which were delicious. The pasta dishes are great too. However, as the restaurant's name itself suggests the "icing on the cake" is their specialiality dessert which are the ricotta cannoli. Great patrons too.