“Good food and friendly staff”

I Cannoli Trattoria Siciliana
Ranked #31 of 168 Restaurants in Bugibba
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: We offer a pasta menu with a wide range of choices cooked with the finest quality ingredients offering impressive portion sizes at a price that shows our belief in great value. Our A'La Carte menu offers a combination of Mediterranean and traditional local Maltese Dishes, cooked with a style and flair unique to Giuseppe's kitchen. Our menu board aslo shows daily special offers of typical Sicilian dishes.
Reviewed June 12, 2013

Me and my girlfriend visit this pub regularly to watch football and/or eat. The food is great, especially the chicken breast with mushroom sauce and the prices are very low. The place is run by Giuseppe, who is also cook, and his partner Dorota. Both are very friendly and always make you feel welcome there.

Reviewed June 1, 2013

friendly atmosphere good for snacks, sports TVs and music, peanuts brought to your table when you arrive and home made crackers with cheese in the afternoon

Reviewed June 1, 2013

We searched high and low for good unpretentious food in Malta, drove across the island to eat in some of the apparently best seafood restaurants. When all along, the perfect place was just a few steps from our rented apartment.

We are foodies and like to explore true local food when we travel. Authentic and simple. So when we came to Malta and were directed to Tarragon and Tatarun, we were disappointed. Not because the food was bad, but we could have had this sort of food back in London.

On our last night we were actually looking for a completely different restaurant and got lost. That is when we found I Cannoli. The friendly co-owner gave us directions to the restaurant we had initially wanted to go to, but when reaching there, we quickly turned back, as I Cannoli just felt more welcoming and different to the standard tourist restaurants.

They have a unique menu, some items however need to be preordered.

The food was amazing, the portions big and it won't cost you an arm and a leg. And with it's familiar, low key atmosphere, just the right place for us. Thank you for finding us when we got lost!

My food tip: Timablo

Reviewed May 28, 2013

I wouldn't rate this restaurant at all really. The lady was very friendly but the food was only average and there was no atmosphere. Ok if you pop in for food but as for a nice evening meal there is much better elsewhere. Would not go back

Reviewed May 20, 2013

We searched for I Cannoli because of the excellent reviews on Tripadvisor. Situated on Triq San Xmun, a side street off Bugibba Square, It's not easy to find, but is well worth the effort. It is a small restaurant, so advance booking is advisable, especially at weekends. It is operated by a Sicilian chef and his girlfriend. For starters I had tomato soup (the best I've ever tasted!) and my wife had prawn cocktail (she loved it). For main course we both had pork escallops (again delicious). Accompanied by a bottle of wine, we rounded off a superb meal with a brandy for her and a Baileys for me. The very reasonable bill was just over €50. It was such a pleasurable experience that we repeated it a few night later! If you are holidaying in Bugibba, Qawra or St. Paul's Bay we can thoroughly recommend a visit to I Cannoli for a very special dining experience.

2  Thank Tom_Yerman