“Delicious food, ample portions”

The Buccaneers Restaurant
Ranked #109 of 159 Restaurants in Bugibba
Cuisines: Central European
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Guest House, Bar and Retaurant
Qormi, Malta
“Delicious food, ample portions”
Reviewed August 21, 2013

Went there with my boyfriend and other family members for a relaxed evening celebration and was pleasantly surprised. The restaurant is part of a guesthouse, however the food is also served to non-residents. My boyfriend and me ordered a BBQ ribs and chicken wings combo and the others ordered lamb. Everything was delicious, the portions were really big (honestly I've never seen such enormous chicken wings) and the price was very reasonable! The food was served with a smile, and the staff was very friendly and helpful.

This is a very relaxed restaurant with outdoor seating. I would not recommend it for a very special occasion or for something more than smart/casual. The atmosphere itself is nothing special, but the good food and welcoming staff more than make up for it. The only thing which I did not like much was the constant coming and going of tourists from the main door, which unfortunately is situated right in the middle of the restaurant, so that people have to pass in between tables all the time, but I guess that cannot be helped.

All in all however, it was a nice evening. VERY good value for money!

• Visited August 2013

Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Best Braggioli”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

We'd not been to Buggiba for more than a decade so the town has changed considerably especially the amount of eating place it now has to offer.
The Buccanneer at the square looks a nice, small restaurant from the outside, but once inside it is quite large and decorated very nicely indeed. We were impressed by the menu and their
2 set menu choices, both are 3 courses. The more expensive of these being the maltese option which we decided to try. We were not dissappointed.
Gozo Cheeselets, Braggioli and dessert were all delicious. I can't vouch for the dessert as I was too full to eat mine but everyone else voted it as terriffic. The house wine is also good value for money. We ate here on another night and again it was fantastic.
I am more than happy to reccommend this restaurant.

• Visited June 2013
Horsham, United Kingdom
“Excellent maltese food, friendly service”
Reviewed June 11, 2013

Went there with my husband last week as we wanted to try some maltese specialities. We were not disappointed, the rabbit and stew were excellent. Service was friendly and efficient, and prices were good too!

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank gwendolo
Vilnius, Lithuania
“Suberb restaurant”
Reviewed May 11, 2013

I'm a picky eater, but I really enjoyed having dinner in this place. The staff was great, dinner wasn't too expensive, portions were huge and delicious. When we came the second time, we're surprised 'cause the waitress remembered what I liked the previous time.

• Visited May 2013
west country
“try it.”
Reviewed July 3, 2012

went here a couple of times to eat and the food was very good. had local maltese dishes and they were good value .you can eat outside or inside in a nice pleasent airconditioned setting.staff were friendly and helpfull,give it a try.

• Visited June 2012