“Nice Indian”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed January 1, 2013

Nice indian, but could do better. First time I went chicken was like pieces of string, rather chunks. Second time the spices weren't cooked sufficiently. Shame as others report that they quite like it, but with starters costing roughly the same as the mains, I prefer the Gandhi in St Pauls

There are newer reviews for New Madras

Reviewed December 4, 2012

The first time I went there I didn't expect anything special as the place is pretty small. Boy was I surprised when our dishes arrived!!! I always order chicken tikka masala and chicken korma and et me just say the combination of both dishes at this restaurant is the best ever. We go at least once every two weeks nowadays as I always have cravings for their food. service is also great. The only let down is I don't like their choice of wine but thats just my opinion. I highly reccommend this place if you like Indian food.

Reviewed October 29, 2012

After a week in Malta we decided we were seriously deprived of a good curry.
The New Madras hit the spot.I had Shami Kebab to start which was a beautiful blend of lamb and spices. My wife had chicken pakora. Our two main courses were new to us but equally both delicious. Their wine was also very good and resonably priced. Staff were also very attentive and pleasant to speak to.We were last customers to leave bot none of the lights being turned out as I have experienced in the past. A must visit for curry lovers.

Reviewed October 17, 2012

Found this restaurant when walking round Bugibba could not locate a Indian
restaurant in Qwara where we were staying.
It appeared as though just recently opened as the interior was very well laid
out with seating for approx 25 people.
staff were very helpful and sevice very good.We ordered two popadoms
chicken vindaloo with pilau rice chicken masala (no rice) gin and tonic
med wine total cost E30.00.
Could not fault the food but my vindaloo was not hot or spicy enough.
Tip on portion of rice is plenty for two people and so it should be at E5.00
nearly the price of the curry.
Woul go again but it appears its the only one in Qawra/Bugibba area

John & Sue in Torquay

Reviewed October 5, 2012

Had a wonderful meal at this restaurant. Really tasty indian food, not the hotter is better school, just good tasty food full of depth of flavour. Service was great. Do yourself a favour and go and try it out!

2  Thank StokeonTrentWanderer