“Dissapointed after reading reviews”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Mr Pickwick's English Resturant and Bar
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed April 28, 2012

Went to mr Pickwicks after reading reviews for the sticky chilli chicken which my boyfriend was wanting to try .We went to this restaurant on the Sunday evening.We went in and was shown to a table by a lady we were the only ones in here. After a few minutes she came to take our order and informed us that it would be a 30 -40 min wait as the food was cooked to order. This wasnt a problem my boyfriend had sticky chicken it came with rice but she said he could have half chips as well if he wanted which he did. I had chicken breast in a honey sauce i didnt want chips so asked what i could have she said mash or boiled potatoes. i said boiled and what veg again i was told i could have any i wanted so i said not cauliflower or cabbage bearing in mind it was sunday and they had sunday roast.
After about 10 mins she came to tell us that they had run out of rice so was just chips ok to go with sticky chicken for my boyfriend He said yes.
Eventually after 50 mins she returned with our meals .To my horror asking NOT for chips this is what i got along with med Vegetables consisting of mostly cougettes which i do not like.
I said to her i didnt want chips to which she replied the chef must of misheard me and i said i didnt want cabbage or cauli. Bearing in mind she didnt mention med veg.
We were so hungry we ate what we had but was not satisfied with the service. My boyfriend went to the toilet and while he was away she came to collect the plates. I told her i didnt enjoy it as i didnt get what i asked for. To which she replied that the chef wasnt himself as he was not well and had to go to the hospital the next day.When my boyfriend came back and i told him he said what the hell is he cooking meals for if hes not well.
When going to pay the bill she took 2 euros off each meal It didnt make up for it thou. In the time we were there another 2 ladies came in they sat behind us they ordered scampi and again was told they didnt have any.They ordered something else.When the meal came for them the lady wanted salad cream there was none and it was blamed on a poor man that had finished it before. earlier in the day.
How can you run a restaurant without having nessecary supplies. I wouldnt recommend this place at all.

3  Thank Brenda L
LiamHodge, Manager at Mr Pickwick's English Resturant and Bar, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2012

Hi Guys,
I'm really sorry to hear this and actions are being taken to improve the quality of our Kitchen services. My sincere appologies for your bad experince and I hope it didn't effect the rest of your holiday. I hope if/when you next visit you will you will see some improvments.

Reviewed March 11, 2012

An excellent place for a lunch while you walk around Bugibba. Had one of the best toasted sandwiches ever, all freshly made and arrived piping hot.
Also a great bargain place for beer 90c for a lager.
Also do a great quiz night with very friendly locals

1  Thank MissElainey
Reviewed February 26, 2012

Me and my mam are just back from a week in malta, when we arrived the weather was gorgeous, it didnt last very long and we were told it was the worse weather in over 50 years, typical luck for us but the people we met especially in mr. pickwicks made up for it.

We went for breakfast one morning and when we seen the prices we were shocked.. full english that we could never even finish for 3.50 i have to say when i seen it was so cheap i thought the food would be terrible but it was amazing.

The place has a real relaxed and family atmosphere and from we first went we were made feel at home. Everyone who we met there was really lovely and easy to talk to and also really helpful telling us some places to go. I honestly haven't got a bad word to say about the place and our only regrets were that we didnt try anything other than breakfast.

The chef gordon ramsay as we call him, is a pro at breakfast, if you're looking for a nice fry up then this is the place to go. Honestly couldn't find nicer people anywhere. 10/10. :)

1  Thank Kerry B
Reviewed January 30, 2012

Avoid the dreaded Kareoke act-must be the worst singer in the universe.
Very cliquey crowd engrossed in their own importance

3  Thank g4cej
Reviewed January 4, 2012

four of us went for cod and chips food came 45min later cod was not fresh but in our opinion was reformed complained told it was fresh and all fish in malta was birds eye .and it had to be fresh .he mr pickwick also told we could not watch football for it offended the maltese people
horrible and ignorant man