For Rest Aparthotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Restaurant
Primera Hotel(St. Paul's Bay)
  • Restaurant
San Pawl Hotel(St. Paul's Bay)
  • Restaurant
Topaz Hotel(St. Paul's Bay)
Bel Sol Hotel(Bugibba)
View Hotel
All reviewsfree transfer from the airportclose to city centreother parts of the islandwall mounted fanquiet areahotel is locatedbus stationfree wifilarge apartmentclean roomsfridge freezershower curtainbugibba squaresea viewair conbudget hotelmireille
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 3, 2013

My son and I arrived at the For Rest after having spent two weeks at the Blue Sea Santa Maria (which I can only describe as appalling). Our hosts were very nice and helpful. It was quiet and totally suited our needs. The manager organised a TV for us and although it was in Italian, after not having a TV for two weeks it was welcomed by my son who did manage to find some English programmes. I didn't cook as there was no need the Splash reatsurant down the road catered very cheaply for breakfast and evening meals.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Bethevs
Reviewed August 9, 2013

The hotel is well positioned and the room are big but those are the only two goods points.

There is no tv, no air conditioning and the connection wi-fi (when working) is very slow and it is impossible to find a parking nearby.

The cleaning is an optional there! When we arrived I found some hairs in the shower and some in the floor. In four days they never cleaned the room, no bed linen and towels were changed.

After three days we asked a paper toilet's roll because the once in the room finished and the guy in the reception answered us that we have to buy it by yourself!
I travelled around the world but it is the first time in my lift that I heard such absurdities!
We are in Malta for few days and of course my first thinking is to buy toilet paper! What should I do with the remaining rolls in the pack? Take them back in my country for souvenir!!!

The worst thing was the last day, at 9.45am the owner knocked at the room asking to leave because someone else was waiting but she maybe forgot that check-out is 10.00 am and check-in at 2pm. She just fire us !!!!

This kind of things make me really annoyed!
In the same area you can find much better for same price so I NOT recommend it

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank antocard
ForRest M, Manager at For Rest Aparthotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2013

Dear Guests,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding our premises. I am certainly disappointed that your stay was not all that it could have been. We truly value the opinions of our customers and on behalf of my family I apologize that we did not met your expectations.

As stated on our website, most rooms are equipped with 32" TV sets and temporarily the one's available are on a first come first serve basis but I am sure, if you have asked us regard it, we would have tried to change your room with another one. We are continuously upgrading year by year. Hopefully we will have all rooms equipped with 32" display by the end of this year, this depends on financial purposes.. Regard the air-conditioning issue, we valued our previous customer reviews in the past years, which opted for air-conditioning system in the room. For your information please note that air-conditioning systems have been installed in all rooms, by the end of June 2013. These are operated with pre-paid cards which you could easily buy from reception area. Regard the wi-fi, I apologize for this, unfortunately some clients tend to make huge downloads and sometimes it slows down the system. Apart from offering our guests free wi-fi for surfing use, as you might have noticed, last year we have installed a computer situated at the first floor, to be used also free of charge from persons who have not brought their portable devices with them.

Of all the points mentioned above, mostly I feel really sorry for the hair found in your room, we emphasize a lot on cleanliness, providing our guests with the best possible hospitality and service has always been our mission. Normally we do double checking prior to guests arrivals, from my point of view I assume that your arrival date must have been a busy day for us, we have addressed the cleanliness issue, and spoken with the employee in question, I again apologize for this. Regard your departure day, I am really sorry hearing this and you had all your rights to stay in your room till 10:00 am. I am sure this will not happen again. Just for your information, we would like to inform you that normally we offer our clients to hold their luggage and later on they can also have a shower in a designated room for their convenience and all this at no extra costs. I would take pleasure in welcoming you back after tv sets have been completely installed. Please feel free to contact me personally if you are travelling to our country again so that I may personally take care of you and your next stay.

Once again please do accept my apologies and I do hope that the remainder of your trip to Malta and Bugibba was most enjoyable.

Kindest Regards,
Alexei Lautier

Reviewed November 24, 2012

For Rest is more than just a hotel!It is more like home,at least for us who rented long term.Very safety,very friendly,clean.Great value for that money.I'm challenging anyone to find better place for lower price!Warm recommended for everyone!

Room Tip: Don't miss the roof view!Also,warm recommend for small but very friendly Asian store near by.And...don't be anxious about tv programe,Alexei (manager)will handle it,as quick qs possible.Big deal is Free wi-fi!!!If you decide to shop in Cinque stella market,better service is if you talk on Italian :))
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank Jelena P
Reviewed October 27, 2012

I organised a trip for 36 Morris Dancers, their respective other halves and my own family (including 3 children / babies). I was recommended the For Rest apartments by a friend and got in contact with them a few months back to arrange everything via email.
From the outset, Mireille (the manager) was very helpful and accommodating to the whole groups wishes and needs.
The apartments themselves were well appointed, particularly so if you consider how cheap the rooms were.
The staff were flexible to changes, very friendly and courteous.
Everyone who stayed there commented on how good the accommodation was.
I try to go out to Malta at least once a year to visit my family, in future I will ensure that I will stay at the For Rest.
Barni

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank JustifiedTravis
Reviewed September 6, 2012

We spent a short period in this aparthotel last days of august/first days of september 2012.
The building is well positioned, near to the center, to the beach and to bus stop.
Bigibba is a good location if you want to visit the best beach in Malta
Mireille, hotel manager, was very kind and helpful for any kind of question.
Room are basic but confortable and very wide.
if only a can suggest something, room are little bright, and kitchen should be more equipped.
however our holyday was nice.
Alberto and Valeria