“Best hotel staff in Malta” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Mavina Holiday Complex

Mavina Holiday Complex
Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Bugibba
Maynooth, Kildare, Ireland
“Best hotel staff in Malta”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2013

We have been staying in Mavina for the last fifteen years and have always found it just perfect. It is in a great location,near bars, cafes, nightclubs. The rooms are always clean. The staff are the best ever so friendly they are all just like our extended family and cannot do enough to make sure your stay in the most enjoyable experience. The only negative thing I can say is that I cant stay there as often as I would like. The swimming pool is just so private and well kept. I am looking forward to my return visit in September and meeting up with all the friends that I have made during my stay in the Mavina Holiday Complex.

Room Tip: If it is quite that you are looking for look for a room on the south and the front of the hotel gets...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Margaret F

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
  • Polish first
Cumbria
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2013

I had a very nice and large apartment on the fifth floor overlooking the back, with two beds put together to form a kingsize: exactly as I requested, but I found that it needed a touch of TLC, for which I would have paid a lot more. I needed nice non-lumpy pillows, a duvet, larger sheets, comfortable chairs, more electric sockets, a heated towel-rail in the bathroom (this was December/January and there was a small heater for the main room), more and hotter water, a remote control for the TV (which provided more English speaking programmes than the 4-star I moved to later) and better housekeeping, which wouldn't cost them that much, and would ensure my return. I was prepared to clean up after myself, but didn't expect to have to clean the apartment, particularly the bathroom, when I arrived; there was a mop and bucket, such as I haven't seen since the 1940s/50s, on the balcony, but no modern squeegee - was that for my use? And I would have expected them to supply basic cleaning materials and products, but had to buy my own from the excellent supermarkets which abound locally. And the room card, and I checked with reception, promised me that the floor would be washed once a week - it wasn't ever and hadn't been before I arrived, and the bins were sort of partially emptied irregularly. There was no inventory, and I did not want to pay for the missing and broken items when I arrived - but those on reception sorted it very swiftly without question. I spoke to others staying there, and they experienced the same things. I suggest that housekeeping be monitored and improved, that no smoking be allowed on the flat roof, as it penetrated the hallways and the lifts and my apartment, nor in the doorway of the building, that the lift be given a damn good clean, and an inventory be supplied! I stayed two of my three scheduled weeks, but needed some comfort and adequate hot water so moved to a nearby hotel for the third, for which I paid a very reasonable €32 pn B&B. The girls on reception at the Mavina were lovely, although the men shouted, as Maltese men tend to do, but the breakfast was too basic and bread not good, so I ate there only twice. Perhaps if the Mavina spent a little money on upgrading their apartments and breakfasts to the minimum comforts we expect, I would be more than happy to stay there again, and willingly pay more.

Room Tip: Front rooms get afternoon sun, but also the noise from Incognito, the restaurant on the corner. Bac...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank LeoneCumbria
Lancaster, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2013

just got back after a 28 day stay at the Mavina good hotel staff helpful and friendly central location good shops buses ext good english hairdresser opposite [ louise ] the owner very helpful and freiedly we will return in December

Room Tip: prefer rooms at the back
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
6 Thank 356aaaaaa123
Beverley, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2012 via mobile

I have been to Malta a few times now and I will never stay here again, between the cockroaches that we had in the kitchen and the thumping music that is played from 10p.m. till 2a.m. its been the worst place i have stayed in Malta.

• Stayed December 2012
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank jo l

Travelers are raving about these Bugibba hotels

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2012

I have stayed here for about 10years always great service and value also staff very helpful and rooms are just hat you need all amenities are within walking distance the food in restaurant us great i always have a half wine with meal for about 4euros very nice give it a ryy you will not be disappointed

• Stayed January 2012
1 Thank jrlunniss
Exeter, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2012

Very pleasant self catering apts with several supermarkets within 3-4 minutes walk. Similarly the bus station is also very close and being at the beginning of the bus routes means you can get a seat!! Malta buses tend to be very crowded, more so if you try to board half way thru' a route, then it becomes standing room only. Nos 12 and 32 go to Valletta, 12 goes on the coast road, 32 goes inland but can be faster. Either way it takes about an hour.
Best rooms at these apts are the ones at the back in block 2 which overlook a builders yard. You get minimal noise here at night. Over reception, in the front, you may get a little noise at times from bars etc.
Several timeshare people around accosting tourists and offering freebies if you go along to a session in a couple of the local hotels. Your choice if you want the freebies.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank moggin
Blackpool, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2012

Been back a week and enjoyed the experience that is Mavina. Studio apartment was spacious clean and a superb location for shops,seafront, and bars. Staff very helpfull, would book here again cant wait for next year.

Room Tip: We stayed in block B self catering.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Fraser L
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bugibba
Relax Inn Hotel
Porto Azzurro
#5 of 15 in St. Paul's Bay
3.5 of 5 bubbles 1,256 reviews
db San Antonio Hotel + Spa

Been to Mavina Holiday Complex? Share your experiences!