Mavina Hotel & Apartments
  • Restaurant
No availability for your dates from our partners
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Pool
All reviewsself cateringthe busemptied dailylovely pool areac unitholiday complextowels changed every other daysea frontplenty of bars and restaurantsbed linentwin bedslarge balconyrooms are basictv remotecentral locationfantastic locationstayed here for a week
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 20, 2012

After reading a few reviews I was a little worried about what we were going to find at Mavina, but knew that some people are a little more fussy, so booked it anyway. I needn't have worried – it was clean, everything worked, there were enough bits of crockery/cutlery for our needs and the staff were friendly. It's 30 seconds walk to a very good supermarket, and 5 minutes walk to the beach (this is rocky/gravelly). One thing to say is that if you're looking for nightlife, this is not the place for you! I don't know if it was the time of year, but we were the youngest couple there by a few decades, and the entertainment (not that we wanted it) definitely catered towards an older crowd. But if you want a cheap and quiet holiday with everything you need at your doorstep, I would recommend this place.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sarah N
Reviewed September 15, 2012

Was expecting basic and clean accomodation per reviews hence my expectations were set accordingly.

Early on my son noticed what appeared to be small droppings on his bed. Assumed it to be a lizard. Standard fair for the med.Wishful thinking on my part.

Two nights or so into our holiday we heard a noise behind the units. Put it down to the plumbing even though my son was adamant it was a mouse or rat. Turned out to be wishful thinking on my part again. Naive or what!.

Next night in, when I was in bed I thought I felt something run over me, but put it down to a dream and a few beers.

Following night, put the light on after an evening out and a rat ran across my foot and under the cooker. Excrement and urine all over my sons bed. Pictures taken accordingly.

Fair play we were transferred to another room and were given one nights refund {only when requested from an apologetic manager] but soured our holiday no end.

We knew there was no air con but would recommend thinking carefully before staying in very hot climate with just a celing fan.

Regardless of our experience here, would love to go to malta again. But would be prepared to pay more for the accomodation. 'You get what you pay for'

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
9  Thank patientpursuit
Reviewed September 8, 2012

i stayed at the Mavina for 7 nights and the rooms are terrible we found perbic hair in the the draws and the beds the toilet seat was broken and duty and the next day we moved hotels the staff and there were banging music in early hours of the morning the beds were broken we will never return to this hotel again

Room Tip: never go here
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 9, 2012

Was a cheap hotel so was expecting basic. Room was clean but inside toilet was terribly stained and looked horrid. Shower was very slow and we didn't have any water twice as the water pump broke. We stayed from end off July to 8/8/12 and it was extremely hot, I would not recommend staying in this hotel during the hot summer months as there is no air con. We managed to hire a rickety old fan on our 3 rd night when some other guests had gone home and one become available but this made little difference to the temp. It was just so hot,even with doors open. It was also extremely noisy with all the bars and music blaring. We went half board , I strongly advise to just go self catering as the food was very poor. We only ate dinner twice in the ten nights we were there as it was not very nice and it set menu was very limited. Some of the staff were really lovely and very helpful while others seemed to be moody and arrogant . This hotel would be fine during the cooler months if your just looking for somewhere to put your head down that's cheap. But if your after a bit of comfort this will not be the place for you .

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank emma t
Reviewed July 15, 2012

4 of us have just spent 3 weeks at the Mavina and came home yesterday 14.7.12. We had 2 studio apartments next door to each other, and although the rooms and furniture were dated, they were plenty big enough for 2 people. We had our bins emptied every other day, clean towels twice a week, and bedding changed once a week. All the staff were very pleasant, and we thoroughly enjoyed our stay there. The only draw back was no air conditioning, and during June & July the weather was very hot like it is in August, so you really needed the AC, but we hired a stand up fan which helped a bit but a cold shower each night before bed helped as well. We met some lovely people there, and they had all stopped at the Mavina more than once.

Room Tip: I only saw the studio apartments, so I cannot comment on the other rooms they had. It is good to get one overlooking the pool, as the sun is there in the morning, and it is very quiet at night times.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends