“Consistently high standard”

Cuisines: European, Mediterranean
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed October 27, 2013

To our lasting regret after visiting Malta for over 20 years we only discovered this gem of a restaurant last year. How good is it? We booked 4 nights out of the 9 we were on holiday. Alas due to unforeseen circumstances we could only enjoy three superb Venus meals.

The set menu is good value and the service first class. Attention to detail is obviously important and the front of house staff are exemplary in the professional way they conduct themselves and cater for diners needs.

If you want to treat yourselves from the main menu you will pay a little more but everything is made with the best ingredients and is prepared and cooked by the chef and kitchen team with the same attention to detail seen front of house.

Truly the best dining experience in St Pauls bay if not the Island. Well done Michael, Julie, Mark and all the Venus team see you in May.

1  Thank C6MFC
There are newer reviews for Venus Restaurant

Reviewed October 27, 2013

On a recent trip to Malta with my parents, we went for a family meal at Venus restaurant. This was the first time that I had been - the restaurant was nicely set out with a nice vibe about it and very comfortable.

We skipped starter but did have some bread, olives and pate which was very nice.
I then had the sea bass fillet with squid, baby octopus and prawns. The food was amazing I have to say - cooked to perfection and tested sublime. I'm usually a bit wary of things such as squid and octopus but these were cooked very well - not chewy at all, rather meaty instead.

My mum had the veal and my dad had another fish platter style dish. Both said that their meals wer lovely.

I had the panacotta for dessert which was lovely but managed to snaffle some coconut cake and also some chocolate and hazelnut cake from others - all desserts were just lovely.

I would have gone back to Venus but did not have time, however my parents have eaten there before and as they are in malta for a further week, they will be going back.

I had a couple of glasses of the Merlot which was very nice.

I can't rate this highly enough. The staff were friendly and we were shown the meat and fish on offer before we made our choices.

Reviewed October 24, 2013

This I is one of few 'high grade' restaurants I've been to, therefore I am not fully qualified to judge any aspect but what I can say is that this is one of the best meals I've ever had in my life. Delicious! Just read the other reviews!

Reviewed October 23, 2013

Recently stayed in Malta first evening we found Venus restaurant ,food service ambience were all first class .Returned on a further three evenings during our seven day holiday as nowhere else we tried could touch the food ,service etc. Will certainly return when next we are in Malta.

Reviewed October 21, 2013

this is a first class restaurant pity about the location as it could very easily be missed the staff are first class and very helpful and are very eager to help you with your choises food is great!!!!!!