“Wonderful!!”

Cuisines: European, Mediterranean
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed August 15, 2013

Pitched up at this restaurant mid evening and totally booked out. The owner took my number and called me when a table became available. Well worth the wait!!

We had an outside table and the service was second to none. The food was excellent and the chef even brought out the raw food for us to choose for our meals. How different!!!

We had a most enjoyable evening and the wine was exquisite!!! The tale service even better! Staff were very attentive and couldn't do any more for us.

I would definitely recommend this restaurant in Malta and will most definitely be back :)

Reviewed August 13, 2013 via mobile

We walked passed the restaurant the previous night before we dined.. We checked out the 3 course special menu and decided we should give it a try the next evening. I think it was only €25.
We didn't book and were able to get seated at a table outside. We were looked after well and received our courses at appropriate intervals all very nicely cooked & very tasty! I think it's fair to say that this was the best meal I had eaten since arriving in Malta! I would definitely go back the next time I'm on holiday there. The date & honey desert was to die for!

Reviewed August 13, 2013

The restaurant look nice and so is the food. It was delicious. It would give this restaurant 5/5 if it wasn,'t for the service. Everyone was very friendly, that wasn't the problem. We've got our first course after 30 mins, which was acceptable. After that we waited almost 1h15 for our mean course. After our mean course nobody asked for dessert, nbody said sorry for the long waiting time. Tired of waiting we asked for the bill and went home. Anyhow, the food was so good and the restaurant looked nice that I would give it a second try. It's really a pity that such a restaurant has this kind of service.

Reviewed August 11, 2013

Had a fab meal at the Venus restaurant whilst staying in Malta last week. I had chicken and my partner had venison. Atmosphere was good and service was spot on. Wine was well worth it as well. Keep up the good work.

Reviewed August 10, 2013

We waited some time for our food to arrive which is understandable as they were busy, although the restaurant was quite small so there really was no reason for the main course (which was rib eye cooked medium - rare, which doesnt take very long to cook) to arrive 40 minutes after the stater. But anyway, we let that slide. What we couldnt let slide however was that everything on our plate was over seasoned, to the point that we could not eat it. For the money we paid we would have atleast expected the food to to not raise our blood pressure through the roof.
All in all, the starters were ok although I suspect that garnishing salad came out of a ready made bought packet, and the ribeye tasted nothing like garlic butter although garlic butter was advertised on the menu.