“Visited because of the great reviews on TA”
Review of Venus Restaurant

Venus Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 170 Restaurants in Bugibba
Cuisines: European, Mediterranean
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed February 23, 2013

My husband saw this restaurant on TA yesterday and he went to have a look at the menu as he is on a low cholesterol diet and wanted to ensure this could be accommodated. He was greeted and welcomed by a knowledgeable and helpful gentleman, whom we presume was a co-owner and he confirmed that menu items could be adapted, so a table was booked for later yesterday evening. The restaurant was almost fully booked and we had one of the last two tables available which was on the front terrace. Although external, clear roll down blinds and a patio heater made the area warm and cosy. We were welcomed by another gentleman (I assumed the other co-owner) and he chatted with us about the menu particularly in the context of my husband's diet. We eventually made our choices and settled back to enjoy the wait. Bread and an olive dip were bought to the table for us to nibble with our drinks. We noticed that the two waitresses and the owners were careful when coming onto the terrace to close the door behind them each time, attention to detail which we appreciated and we felt summed up their attitude to their customers. After an appropriate wait our starters arrived and we both enjoyed our food very much. The usual restaurant enquiry "is everything OK" was asked in way that showed interest rather than formality. The service was in no way rushed but at no point did we feel we'd been forgotten. Eventually after our main course had been cleared away we were offered desserts but by now we felt too full to partake so with finished our evening with a coffee. We were told the desserts were homemade and they sounded delicious. Next time (and I'm sure there will be a next time) I think I'll forgo the starter and leave room for a dessert. We left the restaurant having enjoyed the food and the ambiance and feeling like valued customers.

Reviewed February 22, 2013 via mobile

We just got back from a lovely dinner at Venus. The food was excellent, I had the beef fillet with pepper sauce and it was cooked perfectly. You forget that you are in bugibba because of the lovely warm atmosphere. Highly recommended.

Reviewed January 26, 2013

A refreshing place in the heart of crappy tourist targeted low quality restaurants. A must eat destination!

1  Thank Kurt H
Reviewed December 25, 2012

What a great find. This unpretentious restaurant in the seaside town of St Pauls Bay serves food of outstanding quality. The chef and owner are passionate about food and it shows both in the quality of product and the artistic presentation. We had large oysters, pigs brains (something to try once) and large veal chops. Everything was wonderfully fresh and cooked to perfection.

1  Thank JNWSuisse
Reviewed December 17, 2012

Popped in on the off chance just for a pasta. When I saw the stakes being served I soon got tempted!!! So went for the full monte. Really really good, delicious bits on the menu and I'd rate it with the top 3 in Malta. Well done . See you again when you open again in February.

1  Thank MichaelCT910