We arived to malta to have a holiday and were collected by the owners Antida and her husband, they took us to the apartments from the airport. we then asked if the extra couple that was staying with us in the same apartment would need to pay , Antida said no no it is all inclided in the price, however as we went to the office to pay for the apartment she then charged us a 150 euros! even through she has told us that we will not need to pay. we then went to the pool on the roof and were greeted by an extremly small pool never mind the fact that the tiles were extra hot and slippery around it and and the barrier did not look safe therefore we had to watch our toddler all the time. the apartment itself was ok except for the balconys that once again had a small barrier. on our first night we slept well and it was all nice owever on the second night we discovered ants crawling under the bed and around our stuff! the beds were made out of wood and seem to be hand made which provided all of us to have a sore back the only one who slept well was the toddler who had a cot for himself. the surroundings were ok and the shops were close however we were told there is a "lovely beach" 300m from the appartments however it was all rocks and no sand whatsoever , to get to a LOVELY BEACH you needed to take a bus and travel about 35 to 40 minutes. on our last day we found out we needed to pay extra for every hour we stayed because the check out is at 12! after that no matter how long you stay you have to pay extra 3euros.There was an air conditioner in only in one room and it was the biggest waste of money spent in malta as the conditioner was not cold and very dear. the frezer was not working properly and would berly keep the food and drinks cold. The owenrs were nice and provided us the taxi whenerver we needed it.
If you are going to Malta to enjoy yourself do NOT stay in Shamrock apartments.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Shamrock Apartments with shared swimming pool are centrally located and located in a very safe neighbourhood in Bugibba in St Paul's Bay area in Malta. The Shamrock Apartments are 8 minutes by walk from supermarkets, bus station, main square, sandy beach, banks, restaurants, pubs, casino and other any tourist services and facilities. The Shamrock Apartments is a small family-run business and a unique feature of the Shamrock Apartments is its rooftop swimming pool with sea views. Other facilities include: Inroom wireless internet access (WI-FI) in the apartment, ample free public car parking, free lugguage storage, passenger lift and office to assist guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, HostelWorld, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Shamrock Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shamrock Apartments Hotel Bugibba
- Shamrock Apartments Malta/Bugibba