I was surprised at how big the apartment was. We had a 2 bedroom one which was very airey and clean. There was a big fridge in the kitchen which was brilliant. I missed a plug in kettle (ours heated up on the hob) and a microwave but everything else was functional. It was just off the main tourist drag but still managed to be quiet. We were also on the 3rd floor and had a sea view which was an unexpected bonus as we were able to enjoy the beautiful sunset every evening. The bedrooms had fans. I was awoken by the dustbin lorry the first few mornings but i soon got used to it and could ignore it. This was the only noise we experianced. The pool is small but lovely and clean, you dont expect to do laps in it - it's ideal for cooling off in it when you need. My three children were hardly out of it on the days we stayed at the apartment instead of going out and about, it was more than adequate. Be very careful on the steps down though as they become very slippery when wet as my husband and the kids found out the hard way! Antida and Robert were very friendly and helpful.
Lots of places to eat and drink nearby. There is a field/paddock outside that we were told that if we walked across it and down the facing street there was a pub round the corner called The Bell which was highly recommended for value and we can confirm this. A hearty breakfast before noon is a mere 2.5 euros. We didnt eat breakfast there but had a couple of evening meals (would have been more if we'd found out about it sooner!) We really enjoyed the local Peking restaurent along the street (main drag) and can highlly recommend it. However i would give the chinese (Great Wall, beside the Diana pub) a wide berth as it was the worst takeaway ive ever had - totally tasteless!! - no soy sauce very bland and they forgot to include the chilli i asked for as well but I dont think that would have saved it from the bin.
Overall it was good value for money which we booked direct with the owner.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Shamrock Apartments with shared swimming pool are centrally located and located in a very safe neighbourhood in Bugibba in St Paul's Bay area in Malta. The Shamrock Apartments are 8 minutes by walk from supermarkets, bus station, main square, sandy beach, banks, restaurants, pubs, casino and other any tourist services and facilities. The Shamrock Apartments is a small family-run business and a unique feature of the Shamrock Apartments is its rooftop swimming pool with sea views. Other facilities include: Inroom wireless internet access (WI-FI) in the apartment, ample free public car parking, free lugguage storage, passenger lift and office to assist guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, HostelWorld, Hotels.com, Hotel.de, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Shamrock Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shamrock Apartments Hotel Bugibba
- Shamrock Apartments Malta/Bugibba