“Beautiful view, nice lunch”
Review of Angelo's II

Angelo's II
Ranked #128 of 165 Restaurants in Bugibba
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed November 7, 2013 via mobile

We strolled along the seaside boulevard and chose this restaurant for lunch mainly for its great view.
Service was friendly and recommended the day-special 'local fish'. Food was fresh and well prepared, however the garnish and general presentation was outdated and unprofessional.
The tables and chairs outside are heavily corroded by the sea water enviroment and should have been replaced years ago.
Primairly based on the great location and stunning view the prices are surpricingly low.

Reviewed November 7, 2013

Angelo's has the most tables free on the sea front - there is a reason for that. Please do not waste your money on anything from here. We ordered paella, which was so salty we could not eat it. The two giant prawns could not be shelled they were so rubbery, and the mussels tasted odd. I would suggest that this was not fresh as advertised. Over 30 Euro for something I would not give to a dog. We left most of the dish, but this did not bother the waitress.
Music too loud, and tables not very clean.

Reviewed October 26, 2013 via mobile

Went in here for a cocktail by the sea because of its great location and was served a cocktail by the most obnoxious older man who seemed like he had never made a drink in his life! Turned me right off the place

Reviewed October 23, 2013

We went here for a meal on our first night in St Paul's Bay and the food was excellent so we went back a few nights later for another steak and at least a quarter of it was fat in a lump.
Apart from that the food was good value and very nice.Service was good.

Reviewed October 2, 2013

I've eaten in this restaurant 3 times and whilst the first time was a bit of an experience (I ordered Quatro Fromagi pizza but got the Quatro Stagioni pizza - eggs, peas, mushrooms and mozerella), the second time, the meal I ordered was lovely. It was a pasta dish with mushrooms, peppers and tiny bits of minced beef, all mixed in with oil and honey. The rest of my party had rabbit which was given the thumbs up, the seam bream which apparently was delicious and the ribs which were good and plenty of. Unfortunately, I must admit the Bragioli leaves a lot to be desired and I would suggest if you were choosing this for your meal to try it elsewhere. The third time I visited this restaurant, the food was nice and tasty, but it wasn't worth the price advertised.

Failing that, it is a nice casual restaurant however its position beside the bumper cars unfortunately makes for a little louder eating. This can be rectified however if you sit over the other side of the restaurant, or up on the section which has tables overlooking the sea.

I would suggest you give it a go and make your own opinions. It really isn't as bad as some say.....