“Worst cocktail I've ever had”
Review of Angelo's II

Angelo's II
Ranked #126 of 159 Restaurants in Bugibba
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
“Worst cocktail I've ever had”
Reviewed October 26, 2013 via mobile

Went in here for a cocktail by the sea because of its great location and was served a cocktail by the most obnoxious older man who seemed like he had never made a drink in his life! Turned me right off the place

Visited October 2013

• Finnish first
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
“Average food good service”
Reviewed October 23, 2013

We went here for a meal on our first night in St Paul's Bay and the food was excellent so we went back a few nights later for another steak and at least a quarter of it was fat in a lump.
Apart from that the food was good value and very nice.Service was good.

• Visited October 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Its not as bad as some say.......”
Reviewed October 2, 2013

I've eaten in this restaurant 3 times and whilst the first time was a bit of an experience (I ordered Quatro Fromagi pizza but got the Quatro Stagioni pizza - eggs, peas, mushrooms and mozerella), the second time, the meal I ordered was lovely. It was a pasta dish with mushrooms, peppers and tiny bits of minced beef, all mixed in with oil and honey. The rest of my party had rabbit which was given the thumbs up, the seam bream which apparently was delicious and the ribs which were good and plenty of. Unfortunately, I must admit the Bragioli leaves a lot to be desired and I would suggest if you were choosing this for your meal to try it elsewhere. The third time I visited this restaurant, the food was nice and tasty, but it wasn't worth the price advertised.

Failing that, it is a nice casual restaurant however its position beside the bumper cars unfortunately makes for a little louder eating. This can be rectified however if you sit over the other side of the restaurant, or up on the section which has tables overlooking the sea.

I would suggest you give it a go and make your own opinions. It really isn't as bad as some say.....

• Visited September 2013
York, United Kingdom
“Stop moaning and relax !!!”
Reviewed September 20, 2013

I have only just returned to `Dear old Blighty` and decided to read the reviews of this excellent restaurant on this site.....................and I can only say I am `gobsmacked` by some of the comments made, especially the one by `gillyoddlegs of South Wales, on the 29th of June 2010. All I can say is that I wouldn`t like to be stuck in a lift alongside this rather acidic sounding pompous individual...........`Hey`............it `IS` a restaurant, so expect to `bide a wee` whilst awaiting your order ( at least it proves that they are taking care with the preparation ), as for the complaints about `bones in the fish`........at least it proves that it`s genuine `seafood`..........come to think of it, aren`t fish `vertebrates` ?
As for the chappie in the wheelchair `cluttering ` the bar, this happens to be the owners son, and a more charming man would be hard to describe.........if you can demean yourself to speak to someone `in a wheelchair` that is.............and the description of `the older waiter` made me laugh out loud........this is Vince......one of the hardest workers I`ve ever encountered in my travels, not only is he extremely intelligent and knowledgeable, he is also very conscientious, starting work at 09.00hrs most days, and not finishing till gone midnight, so , not a lot to `smile about` in consideration I think.
As for the food........I cannot really make an honest comment, I only used the place every day as my main `eaterie`............and I`ve no complaints whatsoever. The prices asked are not too dear for that standard of delivery and service ( it saved me a fair amount in comparison to the other `restaurants`in Bugibba ), and the view is worth the price anyway.
Would I go back ?................CERTAINLY.

• Visited September 2013
3 Thank David C
scotland
“Avoid at all costs”
Reviewed September 16, 2013

First of all I should say in advance that I have not eaten in this 'restaurant'. Quite simply you could not pay me to eat there...

My sole experience was meeting the owner in the kitchen to discuss a job opening. The Kitchen was filthy, there was food prepared food sitting waiting to go to service (assuming it makes it across the road in one piece) There is uncooked meat sitting out, the owners mother is walking about the kitchen smoking, and just around the corner from the kitchen is somebodies dog...

Needless to say I was there for less than five minutes before I walked out the door.

So if you would like to eat in an establishment that has to transport the food through traffic, after sitting for unknown amounts of time marinating in second hand cancer smoke with a dog near by then this is the place for you.

If like the other 99.9% of the dining public you have any form of food standards you might want to consider going elsewhere!

• Visited August 2013