I chose this resort after doing research and it kept coming up with great reviews. I was taking my mum on our last holiday before i went travelling for a year and wanted it to be really special. I booked a one bed apartment as she was having the bedroom and i was having the sofa bed in the lounge, we always do this as lounges are normally spacious but that is not the case at this hotel. The lounge is a inside room with only a internal window, very small and claustrophobic. When the bed is out you can not walk around the room as no space. Could not do any cooking as felt to cramped. Bathroom is off the sitting area and also only has a internal window when you open the window you can hear the other rooms using the toilet so not good. Also bathroom door does not close properly unless you slam it so had to either listen to mother go to the loo at night or get woken by the door slamming. Internal window in sitting area / lounge does not have a blind or anything so was continuously woken up when another room switched their light on. I paid extra for a sea view which we partially had but due to another building having building work we could not sit on the tiny balcony due to cement dust flying about and couldnt breathe properly. Wardrobe also broke so we had to have a guy come and fix it as couldnt even open the doors. Hotel was fully booked until so we couldn't be moved. I reported to reception and was willing to pay extra to be moved but there was no spaces. I knew there was spaces a few days later as searched the internet i mentioned to reception i would book this via the internet and they said no they would move us if possible. This did not happen as obviously they preferred to get new clientele than satisfy people that were already there. I found one receptionist who i will not name to be very rude but the rest were friendly and helpful. There is a young girl that works in the restaurant and seemed to be there 24 hours who was great and deserves to be mentioned unfortunately i did not get her name.
The situation with the room totally ruined our holiday as we wanted to have meals on the balcony but had to eat out everynight instead. Also spent most time out as room so cramped dark and small. If you only want a place to sleep then this is ok as good location with good bus stop outside if you want more space then definitely book a 2 bed apartment but i can not confirm they will be any bigger as did not see. The pictures do not reflect living room in one bed apartment. I have rated this as average as other facilities increased the scoring but room definitely let it down. Also only two lifts and since there are seven floors it can take a long time to get out of the building.
We went to the bbq night please ive this a miss they had a local birthday party in on the same nigh and gave all their attention to them, chef left bbq most of the time i paid 13 euros for 2 pieces of bread a piece of raw sword fish and a piece of steak that was inedible.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Sunny Coast Resort and Spa is ideally located in one of Malta's most beautiful bays. The Resort offers an easy and relaxing experience and has its own Leisure Centre, situated in a separate area across the hotel by the water's edge together with its private beach, large outdoor swimming pool together with a children's pool, three jacuzzis, a heated indoor pool, sauna and massage rooms, squash court and a fully air-conditioned gym. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Sunny Coast Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunny Coast Resort And Spa
- Sunny Coast Hotel Qawra
- Sunny Coast Resort & Spa Malta/Qawra