Our first stay at this hotel and all in all very satisfied. After looking at other reviews, I emailed and requested a room on either the 6th or 7th floor and was very pleased on arrival to be told that we had been allocated room 604. Fantastic sea view and high enough not to be troubled by noise from the busy main road. The room was a good size and very comfortable although the bed was rather lumpy!
Lillian on reception was very friendly and helpful and gave us a warm welcome.
There is a small shop on the first floor which is useful for buying essentials on arrival and topping up. We didn't use the restaurant as prefer to go out and about and would recommend The Plumtree, The Overflow and Luzzu's; all within 10 minutes walk. On the one evening when there was torrential rain and a thunder storm, we sprinted across the road to The Boathouse, which was very enjoyable.
The bus terminal is close by and a great way to get around. You can buy either a one day ticket for 2.60 or a 7 day ticket for 12 euros. These tickets can be used for as many trips as you like during their period of validity and with bus stops right outside the hotel, it couldn't be easier! There are also hop on, hop off bus tours which are a good way to explore the north, south or Gozo. A free Harbour Cruise is included but be warned, they get cancelled and we missed out on this but as one occasion was due to the weather I guess this was understandable.
I lived in Malta for 3 years (Dad in RAF) so this was a trip down memory lane for me but a first visit for my husband and we found this location ideal for sightseeing.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Sunny Coast Resort and Spa is ideally located in one of Malta's most beautiful bays. The Resort offers an easy and relaxing experience and has its own Leisure Centre, situated in a separate area across the hotel by the water's edge together with its private beach, large outdoor swimming pool together with a children's pool, three jacuzzis, a heated indoor pool, sauna and massage rooms, squash court and a fully air-conditioned gym. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Sunny Coast Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunny Coast Resort And Spa
- Sunny Coast Hotel Qawra
- Sunny Coast Resort & Spa Malta/Qawra