“Horrible”

and 1 more site!
Seaview Hotel
Ranked #9 of 15 Hotels in Qawra
Reviewed July 11, 2012

The most horrible stay ever...!!! Rooms with no view, no airconditions (no more fans avaible) and we couldn't have a shower becauce there was hardly coming water out. I had to fill up water bottles to get the shampoo out of my hair and the soap of my body. The staff was rude and said it was my own problem and that evering thing was working fine. The cleaning had forgot to clean up water in the hall and I slipped and hurted my foot and had to use a stick. We checked out and found another hotel with aircondition/fans and cold nice water.

Room Tip: Don't go there in the summer or the rest of the year..!!!!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank Rikke L
There are newer reviews for Seaview Hotel

Reviewed May 4, 2012

Having stayed several times in the area I was delighted to get a text message from Mercury Direct giving details of their special deals. Not being a wealthy person but enjoying continental holidays in Malta several times over the past nine years in the same area this prompted me to book there and then, and I am very glad that I did.

During my time in business I travelled quite extensively and over the years my taste in hotels got rather refined, The Hilton etc. In those days the company paid the bills; but once I retired this luxury was no longer feasible and I had to budget realistically. Well all I can say is that the hotel is small (49 rooms) but clean and comfortable with very friendly amenable staff, for whom nothing is too much trouble.

Certain parts of the hotel eg. above shower needed a lick of paint, but other areas are all very clean and tidy. Bedrooms do not have air-conditioning but do have ceiling fans and a storeage heater should you need it in colder weather.

I opted to have an English breakfast each day as continental ones do nothing for me, the breakfasts were individualy prepaired, hot and tasty and certainly ample enough for anyone who who doesn't wish to compete for Britain's fattest person! I was on B & B basis as I like to dine out and don't like having to return to the hotel regularly, so can't comment personally about other meals, but from what i saw and comments I heard they were ok too.

The location of the hotel is very good and you only need to walk across the road and you are on the promenade which runs alongside the sea for the length of Qawra and neighbouring resorts of Buggiba and St.Pauls. The seafront has inumerable bars,restaurants, ice-cream parlours etc plus lots of jewellers (so men accompanying a woman, don't say I didn't warn you!)

Because of the time of year when I was there the majority of people seemed to be retired and escaping the UK climate, many were booked in for up to six weeks (lucky things!) I may try it myself next time. On the subject of the weather, my first two days were windy and rainy but after that it was glorious and sunny for the remainder of my two weeks. Since returning home I have looked at Maltese weather reports and the weather has been consistantly sunny with temperatures in the eighties.

In conclusion unless you want to bask in unashamed luxury, I am confodent that you will regard your holiday in the same way as I do ie very good value. If you get the chance I recommend trying octopus in garlic and parsley sauce...absolutely delicious!

Wishing you most sincerely a VERY GOOD HOLIDAY.

Room Tip: I didn't have a sea view room at the front of the hotel, but could still see the sea from my roo...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
15  Thank 314gordon
Reviewed April 19, 2012

A very basic hotel. Staff were friendly. But when we reported a number of small issues abt the room after we checked in, they were not resolved until the next day. They charge you a small fee for every little thing like universal converters, TV plug, drinking water etc. No shampoos were provided. The mattress & sheets looked a bit old. The room was tidied up every day & towels were changed (but the towels were very old & some of them were even torn!). But if you just want a space to sleep for the night & a shower, this place is ideal. Veg. breakfast that we had specially requested was very average & tasteless.

The comfort for us was, it is very close to buggiba terminus (buses in most of the places in Malta are like, 1 bus for every hr). It was quite easy & quicker to commute to the ferries to Gozo, Melleiha, M’dina, Rabat, Dingli etc from where we stayed whereas it was a bit of a challenge to commute to places like Valletta, the3 cities, marsacala, birzebuga, marsaxxlokk, blue grotto -which are very picturesque & the neolithic and pre-historic temples. The Buggiba/Qawra/St.Pauls bay area itself was very beautiful with Buggiba square bustling with a number of restaurants until late. Overall it was a great holiday in Malta & we got what we paid for in Sea View.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank SubheeVijay
Reviewed April 13, 2012

My wife and I have just been again to the Sea view Hotel Qawra,it is even better than last year,as English Breakfast is now included.We had a lovely room overlooking St Pauls Island,what a view every morning.The Staff are ever so friendly,and it all adds to a lovely atmosphere,A lot of regular's were there again which shows you what a lovely little place it is,We booked our Flights with Air Malta Direct,and also the Hotel this year,no problem's what so ever,Taxi was arranged via the Hotel to and from the Airport.Nothing too much trouble for Carole on the front desk. We will be back again.Ernest and Linda.

Room Tip: Sea View rooms have a magnificent uninterupted view of St Pauls Island and Gozo in the distance.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank matthiasyorkshire
Reviewed March 12, 2012

This is a small family run hotel on the sea front with views across to St Paul's Islands and Gozo. Whilst the decor is 1970's this appears to be the norm around this area. The hotel staff are very friendly and more than happy to help. As Malta uses LPG for water heating if you want a shower then early morning or late afternoon is best for hot water. My wife and I spent the winter here and our room was quite large with an excellent chambermaid service. Before we booked we had visited the hotel and inquired about the quality of the food. We were told basic and indeed this is the case. You won't go hungry but the food is quite basic. This reflects the price range for the hotel and several people staying at other hotels in the area complained that our food was better. We didn't bother with the evening entertainment but apparently in summer it is held outside in the pool area. The hotel is very central which, in winter, is very handy as there are still lots of cafes, bars, night spots and shops open.

Room Tip: Rooms away from the dining/entertainment area best for sleeping. Request room with a bath, they are...
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank IanNewcastleuponTyne
Reviewed January 18, 2012

The Seaview has a great location and view on Bugibba/Qawra front overlooking St Pauls Bay. I have just returned from a diving holiday and three of us stayed there. The hotel is tired in places and on one floor the rooms were being renovated. My room was more than adequate. Hot showers and a heater if I needed. Meals are good with a three course evening meal, a choice of two or three things from each section. I have read some of the other reviews and can only assume people were expecting more for their money. In Malta a 3* hotel is basic but adequate. There are many of these across the country. We stayed for a week and used it as a base. It is extremely good value for money and clean. If you want modern luxury then pay for it! The larger expensive hotels are only round the corner. Compare the prices and make your choice. I sincerely recommend the Seaview and its staff and will be staying there again.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
5  Thank ClarkeP
Reviewed October 28, 2011

Stayed with the in in laws. Only for 5 days. The hotel was very dated and had a very old feel to it.
The food was average. Except one night.... Apple pie with ants!!! My god I was nearly sick! No real apology just brushed it off.
If you want cheap with a older feel get your self to the sea view with dj baboo and his 60's hits.
Not for the younger generation. Not really for a young family either.

• Stayed: November 2010
4  Thank ParkyBedford
Also consider these accommodations in or near Qawra
db San Antonio Hotel + Spa
Sunflower Hotel
Sunflower Hotel
#6 of 15 in Qawra
Radisson Blu Resort & Spa, Malta Golden Sands

Been to Seaview Hotel? Share your experiences!