“Just Excellent!”

The Flora - Asian Fusion Restaurant
Ranked #28 of 100 Restaurants in Qawra
Cuisines: Chinese, Sushi, Asian, Japanese, Thai
Good for: Romantic, Kids, Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: The Flora is a recently opened, family-run Asian Fusion restaurant the only one of its kind in Malta, allowing you to savour cuisine from different Asian country- China,Thailand and Japan. We serve the finest Roast Pork Cantonese Style (Cha Siu) in the Maltese Islands. For those who are into spicy food, Red or Green Curry Thai Style will definitely leave your taste buds satisfied. At “The Flora” we also serve a diversity of sushi dishes,Japanese food epitomizing healthy eating and great taste. All dishes are cooked from the finest and freshest ingredients by our dedicated and highly experienced chefs. We are passionate about what we do and committed to put a smile on each and every one of our clients. Visit us at our modern and spacious restaurant “The Flora”.Great food at great prices. Our innovative FLORA TEA will leave you mesmerized. It comes in a small compressed jasmine/green tea ball and once it is put into hot water , in a matter of few minutes it will open and blossom into a flower!! Don’t believe? Come and see with your own eyes! The tea is not just about the look but also its taste is refreshing and its benefits for your system. Menus can be e-mailed upon request. [To find us- we are opposite the DIVING shop next to the SAN ANTONIO HOTEL]
Fgura
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Just Excellent!”
Reviewed May 3, 2013

A magical experience :) The Environment ,the music,the staff and the food it's so great! Been there twice and will go again! Excellent service and great value!

• Visited May 2013
XiXi H, Manager at The Flora - Asian Fusion Restaurant, responded to this review, May 4, 2013
Hi Steve!! Thank you for spending time writing this review!! We are happy to hear you were satisfied on both visit! :D I hope to see you soon again! and by then I hope you and your wife knows how to use the chopsticks to eat sushi. :D
Take care see you soon!

Thank you.
James

• Polish first
Leeds
“Over rated”
Reviewed April 24, 2013

The surroundings are very plush but lack a little bit of atmosphere. The food I had was very nice but over priced. My wifes dish arrived 5 minutes after mine and initially she was only given the rice, which sat there getting cold for a few minuted before her main dish arrived. She ordered fish which we assumed would either be a whole fish or flakes of fish. It arrived like sweet & sour balls in a soggy batter. The staff were friendly enough & my wife had an oriental tea which consisted of a glass of boiling water with a small ball placed inside which then flowered in the glass, pretty impressive. Overall I would say the restaurant is not value for money.

• Visited April 2013
XiXi H, Manager at The Flora - Asian Fusion Restaurant, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Dear Sir / Madame,

Thank you for your time writing this review for us and thank you for your feedback and pointing out our defects. We will work on it to make better dining experience and place .

I apologies for any inconvenience you or your wife have experienced.

With your feedback, we will now serve the food altogether so no more 5min waiting. Thank you for telling me the fish were soft and soggy, I will tell the kitchen about it. Normally our fish are chopped into fillets and fried covered with a batter. I apologies for they were not whole fish or flakes of fish as you had imagined.

At least I am glad you were amazed with the flora tea.

Hope you had a good holiday in Malta and maybe next time you come to Malta , come try us again, I can assure we will be different than you last visit.

James.
Bugibba, null, Malta
“Excellent Qaulity of food”
Reviewed April 23, 2013

I've been there over 3 times now and each time the food hasn't failed to impress , the qaulity and taste is always up to 5 star standard. Keep it up :)

• Visited April 2013
XiXi H, Manager at The Flora - Asian Fusion Restaurant, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Hi Chris , thank you for your time spent on writing this review about us.
We are please to hear that like our food and we will keep our standards high and always keeping you satisfied.We are currently renewing our sushi menu so if you are into sushi come try us again sometime soon with you family / friends. Thank you and looking forward to see you soon for another take out =]
“very good food/nice waiters”
Reviewed April 22, 2013

very good chinise food, has amazing drinks[especially tea] and a beautiful bar,the waiters and bar tenders are amazing, they know how to get along. Its decorated in a very modern style and thats one of the things i liked most. the service was 10/10.

• Visited November 2012
Hi Glenn,thank you for your time spent on writing this review on us.
I'm glad that you liked our chinese food! Thank you for your feedback , we always try to talk with our client to make them more comfortable and have a more easy going dinner and friendly experience .will keep up with our standards and keep you happy. Hope to see you with your family next time. Thank you. =]
Island of Malta, Malta
“Average with room for improvement”
Reviewed April 13, 2013

My wife and I went to The Flora after reading all the good reviews on Trip Advisor. My wife enjoys Chinese food whilst I prefer Japanese. Thus a restaurant like The Flora seemed to be ideal for us.

Unfortunately we started off on the wrong foot, the table was not cleaned before, so they came to clean it after we sat down. When they got us the menus, we were told that they only had one menu left and were told to share. In my opinion a restaurant should always have more menus than it has seating capacity. After sharing the menu to and fro between us, we finally concluded on our order.

The Japanese section consisted mainly of Sushi (Maki / Nigiri). The Thai section is a one pager. There are only two set menus (one for 2+ people and one for 3+ people which do not include any Thai or Japanese. The one for two people lacks duck and both lack soup. How I see it, a set menu is ideal for first time patrons who would like to get a taste of what the restaurant has to offer. The food overall is good but not excellent. Service was also good and staff was courteous.

As mentioned in another review, there were two waiters and one of them was also the cashier / barman, which for a Saturday night, I think it is under staffed. This might explain the slight delay between one plate and another.

Overall, I rate this restaurant average with room for improvement, since we have been to other Chinese restaurants that are better for the same price range.

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your feedback and pointing out our defects.

I like to thank you for trying us out and I am disappointed for all the inconvenience you experienced. Unfortunately, just as you said we were understaffed for that Saturday night but seeing this problem we have employed another chef and extra staff and I hope no one will call in sick with that number of bookings.

Regarding the menus, I do understand we should have more menus but since we started business last year in July, our main concrete cuisine was always Chinese. For Thai and sushi were extra but seeing these 2 cuisine are getting more popular we will be creating new menu with new dishes and keeping the best selling ones. Then we will create a fusion set menu where majority people will like all the dishes in it. Once that these are set we will print more menus so that is why we did not have enough menus for the moment.

Therefore, having explained that we will improve in time [just as you said]..and I hope you will come try us again and we will be flawless by then.

James