“Amazing tea!”

The Flora - Asian Fusion Restaurant
Ranked #33 of 100 Restaurants in Qawra
Cuisines: Sushi, Asian, Chinese, Thai
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The Flora is a recently opened, family-run Asian Fusion restaurant the only one of its kind in Malta, allowing you to savour cuisine from different Asian country- China,Thailand and Japan. We serve the finest Roast Pork Cantonese Style (Cha Siu) in the Maltese Islands. For those who are into spicy food, Red or Green Curry Thai Style will definitely leave your taste buds satisfied. At “The Flora” we also serve a diversity of sushi dishes,Japanese food epitomizing healthy eating and great taste. All dishes are cooked from the finest and freshest ingredients by our dedicated and highly experienced chefs. We are passionate about what we do and committed to put a smile on each and every one of our clients. Visit us at our modern and spacious restaurant “The Flora”.Great food at great prices. Our innovative FLORA TEA will leave you mesmerized. It comes in a small compressed jasmine/green tea ball and once it is put into hot water , in a matter of few minutes it will open and blossom into a flower!! Don’t believe? Come and see with your own eyes! The tea is not just about the look but also its taste is refreshing and its benefits for your system. Menus can be e-mailed upon request. [To find us- we are opposite the DIVING shop next to the SAN ANTONIO HOTEL]
Reviewed April 11, 2013 via mobile

Just walked past after eating and thought we'd try one of the teas. Amazing. The teas flower inside the cup, definitely something to experience. I don't really like oriental teas but this was amazing. I had the snow flower and it was delicious. We also met the guy who helps run the place called James and he was so friendly and talked to us about China and Malta and made us feel really comfortable even though we were talking so long we made him late to close.

Overall great experience and will definitely be back.

XiXi H, Manager at The Flora - Asian Fusion Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2013

Hi Amy!Thank you for your comment! I'm glad you liked the tea and your husband too! He always try different one when he comes! I hope both of you enjoyed your honeymoon here in Malta and congratulations,may I wish you all the best for the coming future, Next time you come to Malta make sure to come visit us! All the best take care =D

Regards,
James

Reviewed April 8, 2013

It was very nicely decorated inside, but quite cold, no music playing and it wasn't busy so at times felt awkward.

XiXi H, Owner at The Flora - Asian Fusion Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2013

Dear Sir / Madame,

Thank you for your time writing the review but I do not want to be rude but may I ask are you sure you wrote the comment for the right restaurant?

I do agree our restaurant is decorated nicely but I do not quite agree with cold and no music playing.... We always switch on the music when we open the doors whether it is radio or asian music. Also,when clients walk in we do ask them if they need the heater on or not,even if we forgot to ask the clients, the heaters are right in a visible area for which the client could ask to switch them on and if not much tables we will leave the heater right near the table so that client can feel more warm.

Please if this review is for another restaurant may you kindly remove it.

Reviewed April 7, 2013

The restaurant offers a lovely ambiance, very good food and great service. Would definitely put it near the top of my list of great value Asian cuisine restaurants. Worth a visit, you won't be disappointed!

1  Thank Sarah B
XiXi H, Manager at The Flora - Asian Fusion Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2013

Thank you for your time spent on writing this great review for us.
We are please that you enjoyed the meal at our restaurant and we will keep our standards high and always keeping you satisfied.
We are currently renewing our sushi menu so if you are into sushi come try us again sometime soon with you family / friends. :)

Reviewed April 5, 2013

Daughter picked this restuarant after we said NO to others she suggested and we were not disappointed.We had the set menu B for four and could not fault any of the food.We were not hurried and enjoyed the experience,we shall definately go again.
The staff were very attentive too nothing too much trouble.

Thank you for your review. We should really thank your daughter for choosing us! :D
I am glad to hear that your experience was enjoyable. We will continue on improving ourselves and keep our customers, like you, satisfied! For next time try a fusion meal for something adventurous ;)

Thank you and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed April 1, 2013

This restaurant is currently rated the 2nd most highly rated restaurant in Malta on TripAdvisor. That sets some incredibly high expectations to live up to. Maybe unfairly so..

We visited the restaurant for Easter lunch, with high expectations. We never judge a book by its cover and neither do we judge restaurants by their location or outside view,hence, we did not let the 'basement like' entrance, and neighboring 'garages' deter us. Once inside, natural light is minimal and the restaurant is obviously more suited for dinner and evening occasions. The decor is 'ok', with plenty of interest, but the quality of furniture and fittings is more 3 star than 5 star.

The staff is very friendly, and our service was 4 star. A watered down campari soda, having to ask for chop-sticks, and not provided with wet-wipes, or hand-washing bowl for wiping our hands after eating pancakes takes away that elusive fifth star.

We ordered a platter for starters, (meat on skewers, chicken wings, spring rolls, wonton etc.), half an aromatic crispy duck, rice, noodles, sizzling beef satay, chinese prawns, and Thai green curry chicken.

The fried items in the starter were too oily for my linking, so I gave them a miss. The kids loved them.

The aromatic crispy duck was divine and plentiful, and the waiter promptly provided us with extra pancakes and hoisin sauce when asked. It would get 5 stars from me where it not that the duck was served with sides of cucumber and full grown onion, rather than scallion or shallots.

The Thai Green Curry was superb and full of flavour, but the beef satay lacked flavour, and the prawn dish, whilst excellent in flavour, was, once again, too oily for my tastes.

The egg fried rice and Singapore noodles where ok.

Here is another of my pet hates. I could not help think that the meat had that 'tenderiser' texture, and flavour enhancer taste, that is so typical of restaurant style Chinese cuisine, yet something I am not particularly fond of.

The kids absolutely adored the fried ice cream, and the flora green tea is definitely worth the experience.

Whilst I would not rate the food as being exceptional, we ate every single item in every single plate. So by far, very acceptable for a hungry group.

Good value for money, the four star rating is an average for our group. The kids rated the food 10/10. The lady of the house 8/10 and me 6/10.

It is clear that this restaurant is run by a family that is trying hard to be successful, and based on the reviews on Trip Advisor, they are definitely getting things right!

1  Thank MalteseDad

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your honest and detailed feedback! We will learn from your remarks.
Now that we are not 2nd place anymore it is a bit of relief for us, just like you said yourself 'incredibly high expectations' ... we just started business last year July and a lot still need to be learned.
We will learn on your comments on the food & services and will try to improve.
I like to thank you for trying us out and I'm glad you and your family enjoyed the experience at our restaurant and hopefully to see you again soon!

Thank you.