“Home Away From Home!!!”

Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Description: Sports - Bar - Grill
Reviewed March 3, 2013

I visited Malta in September 2012 and can say that our group had the majority of our meals at the Red Lion!!! By the end of two weeks Martin and his family seemed more like old friends than anything else. The beer was cold, and the service was exceptional. I believe that our group had almost everything on the menu and each dish was very tasty and the portion sizes were plentiful. The prices were very reasonable. Looking forward to a return visit September 2013!!!

There are newer reviews for Red Lion Pub

Reviewed January 17, 2013

Called in and had a drink. Saw the food and went back for breakfast the following day. It was an average breakfast for the price paid. One thing I would say is that the staff are not too accomodating to new people coming in. We had to make our intention to eat made as the young man taking the order was too busy on his lap-top. Once we had finished we could have walked out without paying as no-one was taking any intrest. Passed it a few times after this and was not suprised to see it closed before most of the other bars.

Reviewed January 6, 2013

not cheap, but a good place for a coffee and getting online, staff are nice and friendly. Toasties are a good choice here.

Reviewed November 23, 2012

This Bar Restaurant outstanding, The quality of food served and the portions incredible, Andrew the barman table waiter the best I have ever seen, and I am well traveled and approaching 66 yrs. Four screens of varied sports, The best pint of Guinness I have ever tasted abroad, Apart from Ireland??. This establishment faultless in delivering a very high standard of food, beverages, and service. Cant wait to get back next year??. Opposite the Qawra bus terminus. Many enjoyable hour here. J & L Cullen, Brighton.

Reviewed November 18, 2012

Finding this place was one of our happiest accidents of the holiday (I was surprised to see it wasn't yet listed on Tripadvisor and told the friendly staff I had to get this place listed so others didn't miss out!)

Just opposite the bus station Tourist Street, Qawra.

Firstly this place has a wonderful relaxing atmosphere, full of sporting and drinking memorabilia (check out scarves etc from just about every major football club in the world, and the display cabinets of specialist whiskers and brandies!). A/C is wonderfully refreshing and staff are welcoming in a laid back and on-pushy way. This place sees plenty of returning tourists as well as the obvious regulars of expats or local Maltese (another good sign in my book!)

Food and drink is plentiful and very good value. Again served with a smile, and a bit of a chat (if that's what you want! But no pressure!)

Free wifi and large screen tabs for sports events.

Give it a try! I bet you'll return?