“good food”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Sunderland, United Kingdom
“good food”
Reviewed July 12, 2014

Ate several times at the wee 5,great food, great atmosphere recommend the spare ribs and rabbit, the five brothers make you feel very welcome. looking forward to goin back next year. sue geordie and peter

3 Thank Sue S

• Polish first
Millom, United Kingdom
“Pleasant surprise”
Reviewed July 9, 2014

There were 8 of us eating,ranging from 11 to over 70, we'd just called in on spec and it was no problem 3 tables pushed together and we settled in.
For a change we all decided to eat from the set menu and what a pleasant surprise.
Every meal was cooked perfectly, served smoothly and bill didn't leave us gasping breath.
We'll be back next year.

2 Thank ProfAkers
Helsingborg, Sweden
“Good meal but nothing special....”
Reviewed July 9, 2014

My husband and I, not wanting to venture too far from the hotel our first night in Qawra, came upon this restaurant. He was hungry for shrimp and I for octopus, so it was a quick choice.

The service was fast and the proprietors very friendly. The menu has very many choices and both the usual entrées as well as some Maltese specialties.We were brought bread and butter while our food was being prepared. I had ordered a glas of the special home-made cherry wine and even though it was a bit too sweet for me, I enjoyed it as an aperitif.

Our first reaction when the food came was that the portions were very large. The second reaction was that my octopus was cooked properly, but cold. The third was that the king prawns that my husband ordered were still in the shell with lots of garlic sauce on top of them which made the peeling of the shells messy and difficult. The steamed veggies that were served with the meals were bland and flavorless. You could say that we had loads to eat, but the food was not up to standards flavorwise and the shrimp, whose shells were extremely soft, were difficult to eat.

When on vacation by the sea, my husband and I both enjoy sitting outside in the warm fresh air and being seated in the cellar dining room was not something we wanted to do again. The restaurant is OK, especially if you are hungry and can't find anywhere else, but we will not be going there again.

1 Thank MissDRM
Sunderland, United Kingdom
“Try local dishes.”
Reviewed July 9, 2014

Once again we've had fabulous meals at the we5 a great family atmosphere.Try the local dishes,Rabbit is not to be missed best on Malta.Great value however more than that are the five brothers who make your visit very welcoming thank you to you all.See all soon.

3 Thank LesandCarole
York, United Kingdom
“lovely place ,lovely owners.”
Reviewed July 2, 2014

I can't speak highly enough of this place,its a true hidden gem,the food never lets us down. The owners are great and very friendly.Can't wait to go back.We bought a bottle of thier home made wine to bring home....it got back safely and is very potent...and very good.We'll be back soon.

• Visited June 2014