“Great English breakfast!”

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Great English breakfast!”
Reviewed April 27, 2014

Lovely little 'pub' that serves up a fantastic English breakfast at a great price. Lovely bacon! Also had an evening meal here. Personally prefer to eat more traditional Maltese food, however, this is great for a more homely English meal! Pleasant and welcoming staff - as the name might suggest!

• Visited April 2014

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Brilliant!”
Reviewed April 17, 2014 via mobile

After coming back to England from a week in Malta, the one place that stood out the most was the Welcome Inn. The prices were reasonable and the good was brilliant.

The staff were extremely friendly, always smiling and we're very talkative, making me and my partner feeling really comfortable to sit and drink there.

Most places we'd been too wasn't showing the football game we wanted on the Saturday afternoon however without even asking, it was offered if we wanted the game on as we were wearing our football shirts which was a bonus.

Definitely one to remember, recommend and return too!

Qawra, Malta
“brilliant atmosphere”
Reviewed February 11, 2014

the new owners Eddie and Jackie have made this bar extremely welcoming and it lives up to its name,the general atmosphere is great and the sunday dinners are excellent i have eaten sunday lunch on many occasions and been extremely satisfied with my food & service if we wanted more of something then it was no trouble, its very popular with repeat bookings every week, the food served at anytime comes with no complaints from the standard or service, would recommend this bar and restaurant to anyone.

• Visited February 2014
Qawra, Malta
“Disgusting !”
Reviewed February 9, 2014

I went there for a Sunday roast today 09.02.14, as soon as i got there i asked myself what have i done ? the place is in a state and did not look very welcoming at all, I ordered beef and the meat was dry , only one Yorkshire pudding and asked for more and was told that i cant have any, the woman with long black hair was coming and going from the bar to the kitchen with a large glass of red wine in her hand trying to serve food which i think is professionsl, i had a long black hair in my food, i asked them if this could be changed and the answer was that there are no roast dinners left to replace it and you get what you pay for and i had to pay for it regardless of my complaint! I would not recommend this pub at all and i think that the health and safety people need to have a look at this as it does not look to any standards the kitchen staff do not wear their hair up or even cover it with a net, the table cloths are sticky where they have not been cleaned from previous diners! Terrible and Disgusting :/

• Visited February 2014
6 Thank IDontLie2014
Hannah G, Owner at Welcome inn, responded to this review, April 29, 2015
Hi so first of all thank you for your review.

As of June 2014 I have been working at the welcome Inn and I'm now co-owner and I can assure the bar is not disgusting. I would ask you to come back and have a look for yourself. The bar has a friendly, warm atmosphere and we serve fresh pub food on a daily basis.

Please do come back and see for yourself.

Regards

Hannah
Belfast, United Kingdom
“FAB ...... A real must when in Malta”
Reviewed January 22, 2014

What can I say....... We stumbled across this little place by accident due to TOOOOOO much local Cisk beer and an ageing bladder, but Holy Smoke, once we got in there, we didn't wanna leave......so didn't.
You really do have to go to this place to feel the true warmth of its owners. Eddie and Jackie (the owners) are amongst the friendliest people that we have ever met and nothing is too much trouble.
Even the local folk who frequent the place are super friendly and love a natter with visitors. Hats off to: Pierre, Sarah and Larry........ to the very Mad Rodney who had came directly from Mars. And to Derek, who is the absolute host of all info needed to survive a week in Malta, a true new found friend that I will look forward to seeing again.

The food is way way beyond what you would expect from a little pub that's off the beaten track and much better than just about any other meal we had. Cooked to perfection and served with a smile every time. Jackie takes pride in her cooking and it show's. It's proper honest cooking that just makes you want to eat there again and again. Please make sure you let her know if you enjoy what you are served, she works incredibly hard and deserves praise between every mouthful. If you can get a table for Sunday roast........TAKE IT

Eddie is a true gent and made my wife and I feel at ease from the minute we walked through the door. Another new found friend and def on the Chrimbo card list.

We are already making plans to return...partly because we liked Malta, but mostly because we had a great time with these guys.

A Diamond in the sandstone !!!!!

• Visited January 2014