“Good value”

Ranked #11 of 16 Hotels in Qawra
Norfolk
“Good value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2013

Having read many conflicting reports I approached this holiday with trepidation
Check in should be from 2pm but arrived 12.30 & checked in smoothly with no delay
Room clean & spacious. No tea & coffee which would have been appreciated. Excellent maid service
Balcony - very small - room for one chair & facing brick wall. As I only used the room to sleep & change this didn't really matter to me
Food - hot, plenty of it, sufficient variety. Friendly efficient waiters
Entertainment - easy listening most eves
Could hear the music from my room if I chose to retire early but finished by 11ish
Will definitely use this hotel again.

Room Tip: I was room 122 - first floor so no views but also had no road noise
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
4 Thank NorfolkYorkie
MaltaCorrection, Manager at Bella Vista Hotel, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Dear guest we thank you for a nice review. Our check in is at 14.00 hours , but if the rooms are ready we give them when the guests come.You are another satisfied customer and we thank our team for working so hard.Glad you liked the food and the hospitality of our staff.We are pleased we helped you in any way to enjoy your holiday in our beautiful island.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (523)
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
London, England, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2013

I stayed there with my boyfriend. What can i say... Worst hotel we have ever stayed. Anyway, it did not ruined our holiday. I hate to moan, and am a smiley person. And i hate writing a negative review. But... I would not recommend this hotel to anyone, even the most un-fussy person. The hotel is really tiny, with not enough space to relax, not enough sunbeds, and not enough space just to calmly sit and relax in the lounge. The pool - is simply a joke. Its situated just behind the fence of the next building, which is like 2.2 m high, there fore you can only catch a sun like till 12ish or 1pm, until the sunshine reaches that point, when you won't get any sun due to that fence. It makes a shade for that side where the the pool is. Literally all the pool area are in the shade after midday!!!
The food. The food was ok. As i said am not a fussy person, therefore can not complain.
LOcation. I would say a location adds a bit benefit to the hotel (at last), as it is a walking distance (around 15-20 min) to Bugibba centre, and to sea front!!!
Hope this helps to make up your mind!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear guest, we thank you for your feedback. You chose to write a review after 11 months of staying with us. Many things can change in a year.There are over 50 sunders by the pool and another 50/ 60 on the roof terrace and if you stayed with us in May , there is always enough sunbeds because guests prefer going out to interesting historical places rather than sit by the pool.Thank you for choosing Malta and we apologise we things were not up to your expectations.

Travelers are raving about these Qawra hotels

Worcestershire
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2013

Forget anything the hotel writes in reply, this is at best a 2 star hotel. The food is poor (take a walk outside and see how much meals cost before judging) but you wont go hungry. Go A/I you make your money back in a couple of drinks. The evening entertainment is low key but by all accounts its not that bad. The rooms are clean and any requests to the maids are dealt with quickly and with a smile. In general the staff are very good, helpful & polite. ITS A PITY THE GUESTS AREN'T. Its pretty close to the bus stop and there is a cheaper shop just outside, yes the one that looks a garage. The park across the road is great for a stroll.
Would we go again, yes we use Travelodge in UK so we know what's around we also use Mitis in Greece; like we say you get what you pay for.
Complaints about the food, go to the Venus Res. fantastic meals, just up from Fat Harrys Pub, our bill for 3 was 150 Euros, now complain about the food at the Bella. Lay back on the roof top try and switch the same loop tape of from your mind chill, relax and think of the money you could have spent.

Room Tip: avoid top floor very noisy
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
4 Thank Abadablum
MaltaCorrection, Manager at Bella Vista Hotel, responded to this review, April 20, 2013
Dear guest , we thank you for your feedback.The Tourist Authority classifies hotels and other catering establishments in Malta, I am not sure if it is different in the UK. We had quite a good number of reviews complimenting us about our food lately.You chose to eat at a very good expensive restaurant , others around it you might have a meal for maybe EUR 100.00 for three guests.Allinclusive guests get a good deal at our hotel, as you said they will get their money's worth by having a few drinks.The shop next door is by no means cheaper than the shop in the hotel.We sell crisps 20 cents cheaper, packet of water EUR 1.60 cheaper and all our wine and spirits are euros cheaper.We have guests regularly telling us that we are a lot cheaper and our expiring dates are checked regularly. Guests have to keep in mind that they are paying around EURO 15 / 20 a day which gives guests the room, breakfast- lunch - dinner, snacks between 10.00 -- 15.00 hours and drinks between 09.00 -- 23.00 hours. Thank you for choosing Malta and we apologise if some things were not up to your expectation.
Bathgate, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2013

Stayed at Hotel from 18th till 25th March with my wife in a superior room on the 1st floor, the room was very tidy & clean, cleaner always did a very good job, I would not say in our opinion it was what we would call a superior room, the balcony was very small only room for 2 chairs & a very small table, no room to spread your legs, and a large step down to it from the living area. You had to pay for the use of the fridge if you wanted it. The soup & the main meals were very good, but the sweets could do with more of a variation. the restaurant staff were always very nice & friendly & were fast clearing away empty plates. The bar staff were also fast with their serving & also nice & friendly, especially John, who was a bit of a comedian. The entertainment at night was okay.
They had a free shuttle service every hour which took you down to the main square, you can also go out the back door & a 10 to 15 minute walk would also take you there.
I would stay at this Hotel again, hopefully with a better room & bigger balcony.
Regards.
John.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank jewellery2watch
MaltaCorrection, Manager at Bella Vista Hotel, responded to this review, April 21, 2013
Dear guest, we thank you for your nice review.We are pleased you liked the food, and your comments about our restaurant and housekeeping staff are really appreciated.Our staff are all very friendly and they get on very well with guests.It is very easy to go to the centre of Bugibba, through the back door, guests only need to ask our staff.The free shuttle service runs nearly every hour , just ask reception and the tourist information desk in the hotel.Glad you enjoyed your holiday and we hope we can welcome you again in MALTA soon.
Stroud, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2013

This hotel offers all inclusive, half board and b&b. We stayed half board expecting to spend most of our time touring during the day and probably eating out most nights after reading some of the disapponting reviews.
However on arrival we were booked in very efficiently by very knowledgable staff into a very clean abd tidy room which had a kettle, fridge, free wifi for the week and a bottle of red wine waiting for us which i found unexpectedly impressive. After an hours rest after our early morning journey I donned my shorts and sandals and wandered up to Buggiba in much waited for sunshine. Cracking start
The hotel offered everything I could have asked for with a bus stop right outside and a trip sales person on site for bookings and advice
Meals were brilliant including self service full English breakfast, hot drinks, continental, toast etc, awesome
Evening meal always had a salad bar with cold meats, soup, hot pasta starter followed by choice of fish and two meat dishes with fresh hot veg, followed by pudding and cheese and biscuits which is enough for even the toughest veteran eaters (which their are plenty there) all cooked to a good standard aided by a very complete Maltese wine list (top quality and prices) sserved by genuinely friendly, polite helpful staff who excell in their work with always a friendly smile
The local people are very proud of their islands and culture and quite rightfully so, to the point wherever you visit the friendly nature shine through
I have read the bad reviews and can only say they are written by people who have no regard for anyone else and just want something for nothing. We saw plenty of these people and honestly felt ashamed of them and their attitudes.
No not 4 star which I guess is because they have taken the all inclusive route but nonetheless a clean adequate place with excellent food, wine service throughout. A great base for touring the island with a bus service to die for (12 euro wekly bus ticket) easy access to Valetta, Mdina, Rabat etc
When the winter period is over the pool etc will be fully open and the roof terrace in constant use. Yes we were visted by local peolple for a wedding, how nice.
Thankyou to all the staff at the Bella Vista and hope to see you all again

Room Tip: Use the reataurant its fine. try the wines, and use the hotel as a comfortable base Dont get hung...
9 Thank Dave P
MaltaCorrection, Manager at Bella Vista Hotel, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
Dear guest , we thank you for sharing with our future guests your wonderful experience at the Bella Vista.We are pleased found our hotel clean and our meals brilliant.We know we are not perfect , but we work very hard to give our guests more than they pay for.The local wine has really improved and you can find some very good wine at a very cheap price.I will pass on your nice remarks to our staff .The Maltese are renowned for their friendliness and hospitality, and you are sure to feel welcome everywere you go.Thank you for choosing Malta, hope to welcome you again very soon.
Dublin, Ireland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2013

Nice hotel. Good value for money, good food and nice staff, but had some disappointments.
On arriving the two tea cups were filthy, complained to the front desk to be told it would have to be sorted in the morning. Two days later they were still there despite two more complaints.
Pool was empty entire stay. There was nothing on web site to warn of this. Pool area did not get any sun in the afternoon when we were there.
The extra I paid for a superior room was not worth it, all it did was to guarantee me a room with a view and tea making facilities in the room. To use the kettle I had to get down on my hands and knees to plug it in to a wall socket located under the dressing table.
We arrived too late for dinner on our first night and when I asked could they provide me with some food I was offered a bag with a small ham and cheese sandwich, a bag of crisps, a bottle of water and an orange. Nowhere near the value of a dinner.
Good location for getting buses to Valetta or Mosta etc.
Definitely not a four star hotel but good value for money.

1 Thank Michael H
MaltaCorrection, Manager at Bella Vista Hotel, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Dear guest, we thank you for your feedback.Glad you enjoyed the food and like many other guests yiou taught our hotel was good value for money.My apologies about the cups, they could have easily given you two cups from the coffee shop or restaurant.The pool is now in use, we had to wait for April to do maintenance as the weather is normally settled .We needed 10 days for the pool to dry after our maintenance finished their work.We were offering a cold platter for late arriving guests, but changed to a sandwiches, fruit crisps and water as it was easier for guests to eat in rtheir room if they arrived late.
Thank you for choosing Malta , again my apologies for any shortcomings from our staff.
Leeds, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2013

The hotel was clean and rooms were fine for a weeks stay.
I'm a little confused with some of the reviews from other guests that appear to have been in the hotel at the same time as myself, the outdoor pool was out of use for our entire stay, the roof terrace Jacuzzi and pool table were out of use, the games room only had a pool table that had no pool balls inside, after reporting this and being told it was normal for a pool table to have no balls visible I tried the table and of course nothing happened, I was refunded straight away and on the 6 day of my stay the pool table balls returned!
There is a small indoor pool which I used a couple of times, and an extremely weak Jacuzzi.
I stayed on the 3rd floor unfortunately the noise on that floor was pretty horrendous.
I arrived at the hotel at midnight and after checking in an receiving a bag off the bar with snacks I was happy with my room and looking forward to a good sleep, other guests were talking in the hall until 2.20 in the morning on every other evening the noise from noisy students and loud banging kept me awake and woke me up early each morning, Guests on other floors (2 and 4) said it was fine.
There is a singer in the bar area every night, snacks from 10am until 3pm and a small shop onsite, shop two doors down from the hotel to.
There is a bus stop across the road, and a short cut through the back of the hotel to the local town Buggiba.
I was out and about most days, speak to the tourist information ladies who have a stall at the front of the hotel they are very useful and you can arrange to go on fantastic trips around the island.
Overall the hotel is ok for the price just a shame about inconsiderate guests and lack of promised facilities. The food and drink are quite good value and non all inclusive drinks which include all cocktails can be purchased for 2.70. Malta is fantastic and I had a brilliant holiday.

Room Tip: the 3rd floor was impossible to get a good night sleep, but this is due to noisy guests and road tra...
3 Thank ukbreakscouple
Dear guest, we thank you for finding time to tell us were we doing ok and also were we can improve.The maintenance on the pool was finished a week ago, and altough tempretures were around 24 degrees I hardly saw any guests swimming for the past week.S ome guests were throwing pieces of paper in the pool table's pockets, and we had the contractor / owner 4 times in a week to open the pool table to do adjustments needed.Glad you had a good holiday, we hope we can welcome you again in MAALTA .
Also consider these accommodations in or near Qawra
Soreda Hotel
Topaz Hotel
Topaz Hotel
#3 of 15 in St. Paul's Bay
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,424 reviews

Been to Bella Vista Hotel? Share your experiences!