Soreda Hotel
  • Restaurant
$687
HotelsClick
  • Restaurant
Dolmen Hotel Malta(St. Paul's Bay)
$183
$156
  • Beachfront
2,158 results
All reviewsrooftop barthe busindoor poolbar staffplenty of choiceresidential areagames roompacked lunchentertainment every nightsoupolder peoplesea frontall inclusive packageroom numberbit datedblue lagoonfussy eater
Reviewed July 31, 2009

I have just returned from Soreda Hotel with my family, we very much enjoyed our stay. All the staff were very friendly and made you feel very welcome. Our hotel room was clean and spacious, clean towels every day. The food was excellent and there was plenty of it, we were all spoilt for choice.
Plenty of sun beds and umbrellas, we had no complaints at all. I would certainly return to the Soreda Hotel.

Donna - Horsham, W. Sussex

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed July 29, 2009

Just got back from a 3 night trip at the Soreda Hotel. We booked our twin room just days before our arrival date. We decided to go all inclusive, as it was a cheapy and with the euro being so poor at present it made sense.
All we wanted was somewhere clean and plenty of room to enjoy the glorious sun!...46 degrees on Saturday. Phewy hot hot hot!!!!.
The roof top terrace was great and we found there to be ample sun loungers and plenty of umbrellas.
The food was ok. You get what you pay for. Best meal of the day is breakfast, plenty of choice. Lunch on the roof top was nice, burgers, toasties, salads etc.
We were a bit disappointed with the evening meal selection, however I do appreciate we weren't dining at Claridges! We didn't starve, put it that way.
All in all a good sunny weekend break. And although I didn't see much of Malta, (too busy catching rays) I will deffo return at some point with my hubby, but maybe not to the Soreda! Never say never though!
As long as the sun is shining it doesnt matter where you are!!!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 14, 2009

We have been to a four star hotel in Malta previously so knew the standard to expect. This was not a four star hotel - it was two star at best. We knew there wouldnt be a beach so we chose a hotel with two swimming pools. WRONG. There was only one open for the whole of the fortnight. This was overcrowded with a woeful lack of sunbeds and parasols. We had to sit near the pool bar several times and were plagued with flies and really loud music - not relaxing at all.

For a few days, there was maintenance work going on round the pool - drilling etc - which made space even more tight. Add to that that the drilling wasnt dampened and you can imagine the state of the water in the pool while this was going on.

The room was dreadful. We asked to be moved to another hotel after three days but the travel company wanted to charge us €250 to move to another four star hotel, so we stayed and at present are going through the complaints procedure. In the event, we moved rooms which meant we had a room with a balcony large enough for us both to sit on. Unfortunately, the view was like Beirut on a particularly bad day. Four days before our holiday ended, the bathroom door knob broke which meant we couldnt get into the bathroom. One of the maintenance men came (eventually) and said he would try to get another one for us. He never did. So on the last day of our holiday, we shut the bathroom door and left them to sort it out.

The restaurant (and I use this word guardedly) was through a bar which was never used and the carpet selled awful - yum. The restaurant itself was dark and the air conditioning was turned off - we had to do with two fans. The drinks were not refridgerated so anything you ordered was lukewarm.

The downstairs bar had no fridge either so drinks there were also warm and unless you got there very early, you didnt have ice.

This could have been a good hotel if they hadnt been trying to run it on a shoestring. As it was, it was truly dreadful. DONT GO.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Anastasia1000
Reviewed July 5, 2009

Well, I've now been to the Soreda and returned today. In my previous review I said I would reserve judgement on this place and I have. I don't know what all the bellyaching was about with all these other people. But I found it fine. We came back today and both of us were happy with the food. For a start it was always HOT and there was plenty of choice. I've never had hot food from a hotel before, its always been mediocre with a load of slop. How anyone could complain about chicken, beef olives, roast beef or fish I'll never know. The staff were pleasant and helpful and did what they could for you. Even the entertainment was worth watching each night - and guess what? No animation - actually live shows with real people singing and dancing. I must admit the hotel is situated in a terrible place, but as I was only there for a week it didn't matter. It did resemble Beirut, but I preferred to eat proper HOT food. I said to the landlord of the Queen's Head pub just yards from the Soreda I would give him a mention. As soon as you got your first drink the staff GAVE you FREE tapas and loads of them there were too! This pub also has some good entertainment. Anyway going back to the Soreda I must agree with the other reviewers that it isn't a 4* but only a 3* and the rooms were big, but with too much furniture in them and the hotel could do with a lick of paint and modernising. But apart from that it was fine. I've certainly seen worse - far worse!

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 26, 2009

Enjoyed our stay last week. To be aware there is only one buffet restaurant can get a bit tiresome. Not enough sun beds out each day so ask for them to be put out!! All inclusive doesn't start till 11am so stock up on water/soft drinks night before. Would not go all-inclusive again, better to eat out. Rooms clean and staff friendly.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with friends