“great hotel such value for money”
Review of Soreda Hotel

Soreda Hotel
Ranked #4 of 15 Hotels in Qawra
Reviewed March 15, 2009

I have just read the latest review and cant believe that whoever wrote it stayed in the Soreda,just got back yesterday after 3 weeks there and could have easily have stayed for another 3.We were in a studio and could have held a dance in the space we had.The food was lovely and i am fussy ,the sweets were to die for,the staff were so friendly and the hotel spotless.Qawra could do with a bit of a tidy up but fault this hotel I just cant,infact if we get another good deal we will be back.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank TessyB
Write a ReviewReviews (2,118)

Reviewed March 1, 2009

I would urge you not to book this place - It really is as bad as some of the previous posts state. The location is not too bad for getting around Malta as its about a 5-10 minute walk to the Bus Station, But the surrounding area near the hotel does resemble something like beirut - There is nothing there but construction taking place all around you and nothing else there.

The hotel itself is not of a worst standard but please bear in mind the following - The rooms are of a very average standard - Yes its true about the poor lighting in the room - The bathroom has the brightest lights. The room has what you would expect a simple TV, fridge and trouser press.

The swimming pool is located on top of the roof and certainly is in need of a spot of redecorating - The pool itself is quite small and I would hate to imagine what its like in the peak of season as it was busy enough when we went in Mid Sept. Yes Its probably not the safest for Children is there is a small fence basically seperating you from the drop below....

The Food in the hotel is average at best- Some of the cooked meats are OK but yes the Orange Juice is not O.J its very badly watered down squash - Also certain foods from the previous nights are re-hased and made into something else for breakfast, Lunch the next day. The food is fairly simple so dont expect anything more - The fruit salad comes from the can, the cakes are not made but those package ones with little taste or flavour. I would again advise you not to bother booking all-inclusive or including food - You are better off - eating outside of the hotel - You will get much better food than the prison style food that is offered here - Also be careful on drinks as some are included and others not which you will only find out on leaving after Dinner - I was caught out the first night not taking any money as I thought all-inclusive would include simple wines (local) but obviously not.

The service given by the hotel was disgusting - On the 2nd day - The room maid stole from the room but was the hotel interested - not at all - even once the Police became involved they still showed no sign of wanting to get involved even though the enterance to the room was covered by CCTV - The Managers basically treated us like fools and even threatened to have us removed from the hotel for basically informing them of what had happened because we mentioned it when the reception area was busy and that it might affect their business - Surely other members of the public deserve to know what had happened. You expect to be able to go away on holiday without having your personal belongings stolen - I mean I can understand money going missing but items of clothing as well - its there no limit....

I have to say that I would not recommend this hotel to anyone I know - So I just hope that you take on board what I and other people are saying as I really do regret staying at this hotel but I thought I would take the chance as the price was OK and I thought that maybe some of the postings on here were just people moaning - But I was proved wrong and dont want you to have the same experience.. My advice Pay a little bit more and stay somewhere better trust me you will have made the right decision...

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled as a couple
2  Thank SPH24UK
Reviewed February 28, 2009

Having been moved to this hotel by my travel company I was unsure of what to expect from previous guests reviews but found the hotel to be excellent. The rooms are large and have everything in that one wishes.
The food is plentyful and wholesome and breakfast lasted me the whole day.
Entertainment was typically British with the management and staff being so kind and helpful. Pity about my tour guide who could have learned from them
I would certainly return

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled solo
1  Thank GEORGELLANDUDNO
Reviewed January 31, 2009

Just returned from the Soreda Hotel where we had a 3 week stay.
the food was plentiful with a fantastic selection of salads, meat and fish, the sweets were delicious and the service in the restaurant was very good. The entertainment was suitable for the time of year and the type of guests. The rooms were cleaned every day with clean towels daily. The Bugibba/Qawara area needs a bit of attention but that is not the fault of the Soreda. Anyone who found this hotel to be of a poor standard must be very hard to please. We have been on Carribean cruises and 5* holidays but this was value for money and we would return again.

Stayed: January 2009
4  Thank tojoYorkshire
Reviewed January 30, 2009

A very poor area akin to Beirut. The local area dirty,poorly maintained -- and lots of dogs!!!
Hotel building no more than a 2 star -- although the food is of 3 star standard. Hotel facilities very poor- cheap and nasty throughout. The management are obviously on an electricity saving campaign. Every other lightbulb removed - the room has3 x 40W bulbs only. Impossible to see or read anywhere in the hotel -except the bathroom!
Generally a horrible experience. I paid for my own ticket home 2 weeks early so that says it all. The manager needs to know that 4 star hotels provide orange juice at breakfast , not orange squash. It is not normal to have to BUY your own pool towel (£1 more expensive than the local shop) and when you HIRE the iron you expect a "non broken" steam iron and something more than a piece of uncovered chipboard to iron on. After all he charges £3.50 an hour.
Very, very poor. Pay the little extra and go to the Qawra Palace or Dolmen.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank FrequentflyerDorset
Reviewed January 28, 2009

Just returned from Malta January. Enjoyed my stay at the soreda, the staff were friendly and helpful. Fridge in the room was a nice touch, rooms were clean and towels changed regularly. Food was plentyful and a varied choice, mainly at dinner. Lunch a lesser choice but not many had lunch. Tables were soon cleared and set after guests left. There was entertainment each night, so you atleast had something to watch (better than nothing) and you could always go out. The indoor pool was nice and warm and the sauna was ok. I didn`t use the gym, but it looked well set out. Reception staff friendly and helpful. A nice hotel, maybe not our equivalent of a 4* but nice. If you expect too much for what you may pay then you may be dissappointed. I had no complaints and enjoyed ourselves

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank davytrot
Reviewed December 31, 2008

A four star hotel it was a joke more like two .the food was bland and not very hot at times we had moldy bread one day . they only had one bar open at any one time and the entertainment that was a joke and how many dj`s are called arthur .The rooms were comfortable and fairly clean . As this was a christmas holiday with family never again. I would like to say that the people of malta are the most freindliest people i have met on my travelles around the world

Stayed: December 2008
1  Thank bertSomerset
Also consider these accommodations in or near Qawra
Park Lane Aparthotel
#2 of 14 in St. Paul's Bay
Sunflower Hotel
Sunflower Hotel
#6 of 15 in Qawra

Been to Soreda Hotel? Share your experiences!