“A good 3 Star but beware of the entertainment”
Review of Soreda Hotel

Soreda Hotel
Ranked #4 of 15 Hotels in Qawra
Belfast
“A good 3 Star but beware of the entertainment”
Reviewed January 1, 2012

I booked all inclusive and was here for a week with my family.
It is a quiet area. If you are in to discos, avoid this area.
Rooms were very big. I had a two bed appartment, which was cleaned daily, no complaints.
The food was repitetive and some what bland. I wish I had gone half board. The drinks were fine but in the rest of the places where I have stayed, you pay a supplement for any alcohol not in their local list but here they charged the whole price as for somebody on half board, if you wanted to drink something decent, that is. Eating out was quite cheap and that is what I would do around here.
The entertainement is karaoke only. You have very pleasent old people dancing to these but no thanks.
There were mostly OAPs there at this tim, but this did not bother me.
The indoor pool and the gym was quite nice.
Marks out of 10: 5/10.
Will I stay here again: No, I would rather go to St Julian's bay or Sliema.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from entertainment
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank BelfastLampost66

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (519)
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
marmaris
Reviewed December 24, 2011

just to say to people dont book this hotel its terrible theres no heating in the rooms and its very cold there so you need the heating on the foods crap i wouldnt give a dog it what they put down to you the place it dirty they are very ignorant to they are preparing for the maltes to share christmas dinner while the customers get put in i will never be back to malta again so if you have booked up a holiday i would advice you to go somewhere else i never complain about a holiday but this was a disgrace was there for 1 month i will be going to complain about this i paid alot of money for this holiday

Room Tip: theres no good rooms
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
3 Thank stacey43

Travelers are raving about these Qawra hotels

Lincolnshire
Reviewed December 24, 2011

Soreda hotel Malta.The hotel has very clean rooms.The food is very good always plenty of choice during each sitting.I went half board.10th December- 24th December.Situated in Buggiba.A fair walk for the older people to bus terminal to catch buses.But was fine for me as i love walking.It is basically the retired that come to Malta this time of year.The entertainment is very poor.Rather boring in the evenings.Most people just drink morning to evening.The maids come in daily all staff polite and always eager to help.I was on 2nd floor room233 the carpets were very dirty and dont get cleaned or hoovered.Could do with some refurbishing.Outside Restaurant hallway water was leaking,from ceiling and in entertainment room plastic buckets were catching the water.Towels on floor soaking it up.Couldnt believe it an eye sore. My room was very dark rather depressing.No ceiling lights which did not lighten the room enough.The lights needs looking at.depressed me in that room.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
5 Thank pollyanna577
Spalding, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 11, 2011

We made the mistake of booking into this hotel for 4 weeks from the beginning of October to the beginning of November. To say the place is filthy is an understatement, the carpet in the dining room is so dirty your feet stick to it. I lost count of the number of cockroaches we saw whilst we were there, one even fell out of the air vent in the ceiling of the dining room onto one of the guests. I used to sit with my feet off the floor in case one crawled up my leg. YUK.
The hotel is dated and very shabby and is by no means a 4 star hotel.
The food was very poor except for the salad which was good. The food was Luke warm and ver unappetising, there was a fair selection of food but all bad.
Our room was very sparsely furnished with no drawer space at all and the noise from the pubs and clubs was horrendous. This hotel holds their entertainment, if you can call it that, on the roof and it is deafening, it can be heard in every bedroom in the hotel so you get no peace. Inside the hotel there are TV's blaring out in all of the lounges so there is nowhere quiet where you can sit and chat or read.
On the positive side our room was kept clean but you were always looking out for the old cockroach so you could never relax.
Holidays cost good money, don't waste you're a by staying here.

Room Tip: I don't think one exists
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
6 Thank Linda B
Reviewed December 6, 2011

Hi, I have stayed at the beginning of dec, quiet period, nice hotel, with excellent food choices. Very quiet and offering daily entertainment programs. Clean and very good value for money... friendly staff.

• Stayed December 2011
4 Thank wasylni
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 5, 2011

I recently spent 11 days at the Soreda (November 2011) and cannot fault it! My room was a double, sole occupancy, overlooking the courtyard. I think this was the largest room with the most storage that I have ever had anywhere. The bed was comfortable, the room was nicely decorated and furnished, the lighting was good, there was a kettle etc. The balcony had a nice high railing. The bathroom was a good size with an almost full size bath. Bathmat was provided and there was a hook on the back of the door, two little things which I have not always had and they do make a difference! The room and bath were cleaned daily, there was no shortage of decent toilet paper, and plenty of hot water. I cannot comment on food other than breakfast as I was staying B&B. Breakfast was excellent, several sorts of cold meats, cheeses, eggs cooked several ways, bacon, sausages, beans, fried bread, salad, other things which I admit I could not identify and did not taste!!, several sorts of bread, jams. Rooftop pool was clean and well maintained, but does not have a shallow end. I was not in the ground level pool. There could have been a bit more in the way of signage to the pools and gym!! Indoor pool is also all the same depth, shallower than the rooftop pool, which was a lot nicer for us shorties. There are some shelves of books to borrow from one of the lounges. LIve piano music in another lounge twice a week was very pleasant.

Room Tip: Rooms in the something 3 something eg 534 series overlook the courtyard. These rooms are definitely...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
3 Thank Grey_Walker
York, UK
Reviewed December 2, 2011

We have had to cancel our holiday to this hotel due to my disabled child's illness but depsite emailing and telephoning, they refuse to talk to us. All we want to do us move our deposit to another date. Totally ignorant people.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Ruth19York_UK
Also consider these accommodations in or near Qawra
db San Antonio Hotel + Spa
#5 of 15 in Qawra
Topaz Hotel
Topaz Hotel
#3 of 14 in St. Paul's Bay

Been to Soreda Hotel? Share your experiences!