“Relaxed and entertained evening”
Review of Tal-Kaptan Qawra

Tal-Kaptan Qawra
Ranked #18 of 100 Restaurants in Qawra
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Pizza, Grill
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: If you are looking for a restuarant that offers: Quality fresh and tasty food; Value for money & Welcoming staff, Tal-Kaptan Restuarant is the place for you!
Fareham, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Relaxed and entertained evening”
Reviewed June 26, 2014

This being our 8th year to Malta and this lovely restaurant on our door step, we thought we really should try it out.
The staff were very cheerful and most welcoming. We were seated and given plenty of time to choose from the menu. Our drinks order was taken at the beginning and we waited a little longer than we would have liked but the restaurant was busy and it wasn't an outrageously long wait.
Whist waiting for our food there was entertainment that we could watch from the balcony. Because the world cup was on, there was two large screens showing the matches but this didn't detract from the entertainment on stage. The restaurant catered for all ages, everyone was welcome. The atmosphere was very relaxed and more importantly the food was out of this world. All cooked from fresh and potion sizes very good. We will be going back and we would highly recommend this to couples, families and people of all ages. Lovely experience, Thank you. Jane and Peter from England

1 Thank Jane P
Melanie-Azzopardi, eCommerce Manager at Tal-Kaptan Qawra, responded to this review, July 13, 2014
Dear Jane and Peter, thank you for your very good review. It was a pleasure having you too, andshould you ever revisit the island we hope to host you all over again

• Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Gosport, United Kingdom
“poor service”
Reviewed June 26, 2014 via mobile

came here with family. 4 of us in total. we ordered drinks with our meal. drinks took 50 minutes... food came after 70 mins. food is ok. not bad. but after re ordering drinks during meal wed finished before they arrived. service is AWFUL. need more staff and organisation

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. All feedback placed in here doesn't go unnoticed. We are extremely disappointed to read that the service we provided did not meet your expectations and we do hope to be of better service again in the future!
Rabat, Malta
“Nothing Wow.... Staff won't smile !!!”
Reviewed June 22, 2014

Visited the pizzeria over the weekend for a pizza during our family evening walk. Since I had no reservation I gently asked for a table . The 'welcome' given by the host was very cold and the smile was nowhere to be seen . Even the ordering staff and serving staff are never smiling. This is such a shame because the Pizza is very generous and tastes really good. Even after consuming your meal, you are left unattended even if your glasses are empty and need a refill !! I had to go myself and fetch the cashier. I recommend the management to introcude some smiling faces in the staff please.

• Visited June 2014
Dear Vince, We appreciate your honest feedback which has been forwarded to the management to have addressed. Should you choose to visit us again, we will be working hard on getting it right as we first intended.
London, United Kingdom
“Average - visited more than once due to hotel distance!”
Reviewed June 3, 2014 via mobile

We visited this restaurant 3 times during our 7 day holiday. Staying at the Qawra Palace next door it is extremely convenient & this was the main factor of why we visited this place more than once.

We found our meals got worse each time we visited as our first experience was lovely.

I had the swordfish twice which was fabulous with a tomato and olive sauce served with rice and salad. Simple and very hard to go wrong!

My friend ordered Spagetti Bolognaise in which it came literally as a bowl of over cooked pasta tossed in a tomato ketchup sweet tasting sauce with 3 or 4 big lumps of mince meat mixed in. It was more of a spagetti and meatballs than a bolognaise sauce.

We ordered the oriental platter one night to start, the ribs were freezing cold but cooked.. Which was weird as my friend had visited before and said they are always served hot. When I say freezing cold, I mean they tasted like they had just come out of the fridge pre cooked.

One night I had the penne chicks on shrimps. Which was supposed to be grilled chicken, fresh prawns in a tomato and cream based sauce with white wine. What I actually got was a bowl of over Cooked pasta swimming in a milky liquid with 3 or 4 bits of watery prawn and chicken and some chopped tomatoes mixed in. I am not a fussy eater nor do I complain a lot either but this was appalling! When telling the staff they looked confused and baffled and shrugged their shoulders and took the pasta and removed it off the bill. I wouldn't of had an issue in paying if perhaps they could of made me a fresh one or offered me an alternative. They just rudely assumed I wanted my money back.

As I said above, it's most likely my fault for returning but due to having a pretty good first meal I was wishfully thinking. I am half maltese and come to malta for 7 months a year, I doubt I'll be thinking of returning back here any time soon.

• Visited June 2014
Melanie-Azzopardi, eCommerce Manager at Tal-Kaptan Qawra, responded to this review, June 4, 2014
I would firstly like to thank you for visiting us three times while you were in Malta and would like to express my sincere appreciation for taking the time to give us your feedback on where we went wrong during your visits. I would also like to point out that we take such comments very seriously in fact, they have already been forwarded to the management so that the necessary action will be taken. We can assure you that we will be doing our best to retain the level of service you experienced on your first visit and we hope to see again in your next visits to Malta.
Selsey, United Kingdom
“Tal-Kaptan, was a fantastic venue for our after wedding family meal.”
Reviewed May 29, 2014

Excellent fresh food, and as its cooked fresh, be prepared to wait, its worth it. Has a good selection and is good value, nothing to dislike.

Visited May 2014
Melanie-Azzopardi, eCommerce Manager at Tal-Kaptan Qawra, responded to this review, June 1, 2014
Dear Bernard,

We appreciate the time you have taken to write your views about our restaurant.
We are glad to have satisfied your expectations and look forward to your next visit!