I stayed here from the 15th-22nd July with my boyfriend and his family. This is the third time I have visited malta, but the first time in ten years! When we arrived we could not check into our room until 3pm which was a bit annoying as we had been awake for over 24 hours but we were told we could use the spa and pool which was good, better than just sitting doing nothing.
We booked two rooms; one for me and my boyfriend and one for the rest of his family and to start with they put us in rooms two floors apart! but after complaining to the reception team they sorted this out straight away and put us in rooms next door but one.
The staff are so friendly, can't speak highly enough of them! You don't have to move a muscle the pool staff are very attentive and friendly. Most staff we spoke to speak very good English so there will be no language barriers. Very cheap drink and food however found the ice cream was quite expensive, €3! There is some building work still going on but they only do it during the day when you're not really In the rooms. I went back to the room early afternoon one day as I was feeling I'll and I could not sleep as there was a lot of banging and drilling but that was the only problem I found. The maids are very friendly and talk to you in the corridors. However I found the times they clean very strange as sometimes they clean at 10am and other days they didn't come until 3-4pm. so sometimes you could go back to the room and the maid will be cleaning and it's a bit awkward! The lifts are very annoying! very slow and sometimes missing out your floor after you have pressed the button! waited ten minutes for a lift one morning. the facilities are excellent, very clean and there are plenty of sun beds so you do not need to reserve them or rush to get a good spot. the roof top pool is amazing! very clean and peaceful with amazing views. there is toilets, pool staff and towel hire available so you don't have to go all the way to the bottom. The breakfast choice was excellent, lots of variety and constantly making fresh food so it doesn't run out.
Really good value for money and me and my boyfriend are looking at coming again December/January time, looking forward to when the hotel is completed! would defo recommend you will have great time:)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- db San Antonio Hotel + Spa, All-Inclusive, Malta, welcomes you in its newly refurbished Moorish style hotel in the heart of the Mediterranean Sea. It is one of the largest hotels in Malta with over 500 rooms and suites, a variety of restaurants, bars, fitness and Spa facilities in a Moorish style and outdoor pools overlooking the picturesque St. Paul's Bay. The hotel is situated in the northern part of the island of Malta, right in the heart of Qawra, St. Paul's Bay and at a walking distance to the sandy beach, bars, restaurants, casino, National Aquarium, public transport and other amenities including fashion outlets, commodities and services. db San Antonio Hotel + Spa, All-Inclusive, Malta, offers a relaxing environment that makes your stay in Malta an amazing experience. Starting from our outdoor pools and bars to enjoy the sun with family and friends, up to our spa treatments, sauna, steam room, Jacuzzi and our private Jacuzzi Sultan's Bath. You can start your day with a rich and varied buffet breakfast. For lunch and dinners, you have a choice of cuisines at the various restaurants and a coffee shop within the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, HotelsClick, Hotel.de, Agoda, HRS, Reservation Counter and Despegar.com so you can book your db San Antonio Hotel + Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- San Antonio Hotel And Spa
- San Antonio Hotel Qawra
- San Antonio Malta
- San Antonio Hotel Malta
- San Antonio Qawra
- Db San Antonio Hotel + Spa Malta/Qawra