“Recommended restaurant”

Duo Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #8 of 100 Restaurants in Qawra
Cuisines: Bar, Mediterranean, European, Pub, International
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions, Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Having a great passion for the kitchen and service, brother and sister have teamed up together as your hosts, putting together some dazzling and tasty combinations, in a relaxed, simple and friendly atmosphere.The concept behind ’Duo’ is quite simple ….. to offer its patrons an overall magical experience.
“Recommended restaurant”
Reviewed November 11, 2013

Helpful & kind staff,very delicious food and very nice atmosphere.great service of course.will visit again for sure.we really enjoyed it.recommended 10/10

• Visited November 2013

• Finnish first
  • Polish first
Haywards Heath, United Kingdom
“One of the best on the island”
Reviewed November 8, 2013

Discovered this jewel with two nights to go on our holiday so we were able to go back and have two meals there. Great attention to detail in all that the restaurant does great value. If you are in the NW of the island you must go there.

• Visited November 2013
Frankfurt, Germany
“DUO - our new "place to be" when in Malta”
Reviewed November 5, 2013

Since I discovered "Duo" being on holiday in St. Pauls Bay/Qawra two years ago, I already came back twice - every time when I've been to Malta. The restaurant offers really fresh and "special" food - not the usual "British style" with fish 'n chips... We really enjoyed sitting outside at the small "lounge" with kind of a private atmosphere.

Nijmegen, The Netherlands
“creativity has to be treasured”
Reviewed November 5, 2013

I have been a frequent visitor at Duo's for years.

The passion and attention for the food is always a joy to experience. Presentationwise the food is creative as well as the choice of ingredients. Refreshing choices on an otherwise so safe island ;)

I applaud the offer of many vegetable dishes. The potatoes are the best in its sort that i have ever eaten.

Sometimes the portions are simply too big as a starter. But if THAT is my only critisism... let's wave that one away.

Service is always very friendly. I will come back on my next visits..... of course.

Sheffield, UK
“A gem of a discovery”
Reviewed November 4, 2013

We were holidaying in Qawra, and walked passed the restaurant which although on the main road was shielded from outside view by a conservatory type informal seating area and outdoor bar/eating area.
The restaurant is really clean and full of quirky ornaments which make good conversation starters.

The serving staff are pleasant without being over attentive, which is really nice. The kitchen can be observed from the restaurant through a partially glazed window, which enables you to see the staff working but doesn't distract you from talking to the people you are out with.

The food is really good - well cooked, well presented and really tasty. We went there twice in our weeks stay in Qwara, and whilst on the second visit, I could have repeated my original order, was really glad I tried something different. The menu is not extensive which I feel keeps the quality good and the portions are a really nice size which leaves you feeling nicely fed at the end and not offer stuffed if that makes sense!

I would have no hesitation in recommending the restaurant to anyone. Price wise, it is definitely good value for money. We were a couple and had three courses and a bottle of wine and we spent about 45 - 50 euros. Affordable posh!