“perfection”

Duo Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #4 of 100 Restaurants in Qawra
Cuisines: International
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Having a great passion for the kitchen and service, brother and sister have teamed up together as your hosts, putting together some dazzling and tasty combinations, in a relaxed, simple and friendly atmosphere.The concept behind ’Duo’ is quite simple ….. to offer its patrons an overall magical experience.
Reviewed January 23, 2012

just nipped in for quick lunch whilst out for a walk, and discovered best place i have eaten in a long time. Ordered bits food from all over the menu, sirloin strips, potatoes, parsnips, and tzouki with bread. Less than 8 euros, fantastic value.

Reviewed December 4, 2011

I do not have one bad thing to say about this place. Everything was excellent from service to food. I would most definitely recommend this place.

Reviewed November 22, 2011

We were looking for a place to eat in the area on a Sunday afternoon and I remembered a review I had read on Duo Restaurant, so we decided to check it out. We got there a bit early at 12.30pm so the place was still empty. We were given a warm welcome and allowed to choose a table. The decor inside is also very welcoming with shades of purple and black with nice mellow music in the background.

The menu is not very vast, but all plates are unique. There is a selection of starters, main courses (fish, veal, chicken or pork - no beef strangely enough) or else some pasta. There is also a selection of side dishes (potatoes, veg, etc) so you can choose exactly what you would like on your plate. There are also a selection of appetizers which can be taken either as starters or if you choose to sit in the 'wine bar' section and just share some nibbles.

I took the mozzarella bocconcini for starters and the pork loin in breadcrumbs with roasted potato mash for mains. Both were very satisfying. The hubby chose the Camembert parcel for starters and the pasta (Tagliatelle Nero di Seppia) for mains. He loved the starter but felt the pasta could have had a bit more flavour to it. We bought chose the mars cheesecake for dessert. This was home made and very yummy - although a bit too sweet and creamy for my tastebuds.

Overall we had a great time at Duo Restaurant and would definitely recommend it and visit again - whether to eat or enjoy some wine with friends. Service was good, waiters very friendly and atmosphere was relaxing and welcoming.

2  Thank oRi_5
Reviewed October 22, 2011

Popped in for their light bites, so impressed we booked Saturday night for the full monty. Excellent selection of local wines and very keen staff to discuss them. Service was excellent on both nights, different staff which mean owners must set high standard. Had about 2/3rds of menu and all hit the spot. Great to see Maltese cuisine has grown up using different flavours. Wondered about the bad review but you could look into the kitchen through the glass and the chefs and facilities were spotless. Great friendly atmosphere and nice decor, although I do miss the giant head the previous owners had.

Reviewed October 12, 2011

My husband and I ate dinner here Saturday October 8th. It was the first night with their new menu. I have never had the old menu, but the new options all looked delicious. It was difficult to decide what to order. We did wait for quite some time and the server was not familiar with the new menu choices. Once our food arrived, none of that mattered. The flavors were perfectly executed. Presentation was spectacular. I will recommend this restaurant to all of our friends who plan on visiting Malta. The bill wasn't even bad, compared to the amount of gourmet quality food you receive. This is a must and we will return if we visit Malta again.