“Nice atmosphere & great service”

Duo Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #8 of 100 Restaurants in Qawra
Cuisines: Bar, Mediterranean, European, Pub, International
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene, Families with children, Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Having a great passion for the kitchen and service, brother and sister have teamed up together as your hosts, putting together some dazzling and tasty combinations, in a relaxed, simple and friendly atmosphere.The concept behind ’Duo’ is quite simple ….. to offer its patrons an overall magical experience.
Mosta, Malta
“Nice atmosphere & great service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2011

We were looking for a place to eat in the area on a Sunday afternoon and I remembered a review I had read on Duo Restaurant, so we decided to check it out. We got there a bit early at 12.30pm so the place was still empty. We were given a warm welcome and allowed to choose a table. The decor inside is also very welcoming with shades of purple and black with nice mellow music in the background.

The menu is not very vast, but all plates are unique. There is a selection of starters, main courses (fish, veal, chicken or pork - no beef strangely enough) or else some pasta. There is also a selection of side dishes (potatoes, veg, etc) so you can choose exactly what you would like on your plate. There are also a selection of appetizers which can be taken either as starters or if you choose to sit in the 'wine bar' section and just share some nibbles.

I took the mozzarella bocconcini for starters and the pork loin in breadcrumbs with roasted potato mash for mains. Both were very satisfying. The hubby chose the Camembert parcel for starters and the pasta (Tagliatelle Nero di Seppia) for mains. He loved the starter but felt the pasta could have had a bit more flavour to it. We bought chose the mars cheesecake for dessert. This was home made and very yummy - although a bit too sweet and creamy for my tastebuds.

Overall we had a great time at Duo Restaurant and would definitely recommend it and visit again - whether to eat or enjoy some wine with friends. Service was good, waiters very friendly and atmosphere was relaxing and welcoming.

• Visited November 2011
2 Thank oRi_5

• Finnish first
  • Polish first
Whitley Bay, United Kingdom
“So good we went twice”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2011

Popped in for their light bites, so impressed we booked Saturday night for the full monty. Excellent selection of local wines and very keen staff to discuss them. Service was excellent on both nights, different staff which mean owners must set high standard. Had about 2/3rds of menu and all hit the spot. Great to see Maltese cuisine has grown up using different flavours. Wondered about the bad review but you could look into the kitchen through the glass and the chefs and facilities were spotless. Great friendly atmosphere and nice decor, although I do miss the giant head the previous owners had.

• Visited October 2011
“What a find!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2011

My husband and I ate dinner here Saturday October 8th. It was the first night with their new menu. I have never had the old menu, but the new options all looked delicious. It was difficult to decide what to order. We did wait for quite some time and the server was not familiar with the new menu choices. Once our food arrived, none of that mattered. The flavors were perfectly executed. Presentation was spectacular. I will recommend this restaurant to all of our friends who plan on visiting Malta. The bill wasn't even bad, compared to the amount of gourmet quality food you receive. This is a must and we will return if we visit Malta again.

Kingston-upon-Hull, United Kingdom
“A must when in malta”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2011

I recently booked at duo for my wedding meal for a table of 18 and I can give nothing but praise.
Being a chef my self I can be very hard to please but the great people at duo managed to do that and more we asked for a mixture of the starters to begin and boy did we get it rather than all the starters coming at once so half of them got cold they staggered them coming out and we where wowed every time the kitchen dore opened
I think we had every starter on the menu . Then the main courses came and I could se nothing but grins on faces throuout the party when the mIns where finished we needed a considerable break before desert but we managed to squeeze it in and the prepared a trio of deserts for us which again wowed every one all this washed down with a nice selection of wine and implacable service really did make for a fantastic end to my wedding . I also piped back the next day to thank all the staff and had a little nosy around the kitchen such a clean and tidy one it is to no worries there .
So I would like to give a really big thank you to all the team at duo you really are doing a fantastic job and keep it up.
It's worth visiting Malta just to eat there

Somerset, UK
“Super Amazing!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2011

Basically one of the best places i have ever eaten. I came here for my 21st birthday after finding it on here and it really was amazing, cant fault it one bit.
The staff were amazing and made the evening so easy to enjoy and the food is to die for, they made me a white chocolate cheese cake for my birthday, which was heaven and there is a brilliant choice of yummy cocktails!
Its basically like sharing food or a tapas and we basically orderd everything off the lightbites section and it was all beautiful and at a great price aswell.
Really great atmosphere and i would highly reccomend this place, especially if you are staying in Qawra.

• Visited September 2011