“So good we went twice”

Duo Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #4 of 100 Restaurants in Qawra
Cuisines: International
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Large groups, Special occasions, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Having a great passion for the kitchen and service, brother and sister have teamed up together as your hosts, putting together some dazzling and tasty combinations, in a relaxed, simple and friendly atmosphere.The concept behind ’Duo’ is quite simple ….. to offer its patrons an overall magical experience.
Reviewed October 22, 2011

Popped in for their light bites, so impressed we booked Saturday night for the full monty. Excellent selection of local wines and very keen staff to discuss them. Service was excellent on both nights, different staff which mean owners must set high standard. Had about 2/3rds of menu and all hit the spot. Great to see Maltese cuisine has grown up using different flavours. Wondered about the bad review but you could look into the kitchen through the glass and the chefs and facilities were spotless. Great friendly atmosphere and nice decor, although I do miss the giant head the previous owners had.

Reviewed October 12, 2011

My husband and I ate dinner here Saturday October 8th. It was the first night with their new menu. I have never had the old menu, but the new options all looked delicious. It was difficult to decide what to order. We did wait for quite some time and the server was not familiar with the new menu choices. Once our food arrived, none of that mattered. The flavors were perfectly executed. Presentation was spectacular. I will recommend this restaurant to all of our friends who plan on visiting Malta. The bill wasn't even bad, compared to the amount of gourmet quality food you receive. This is a must and we will return if we visit Malta again.

Reviewed October 12, 2011

I recently booked at duo for my wedding meal for a table of 18 and I can give nothing but praise.
Being a chef my self I can be very hard to please but the great people at duo managed to do that and more we asked for a mixture of the starters to begin and boy did we get it rather than all the starters coming at once so half of them got cold they staggered them coming out and we where wowed every time the kitchen dore opened
I think we had every starter on the menu . Then the main courses came and I could se nothing but grins on faces throuout the party when the mIns where finished we needed a considerable break before desert but we managed to squeeze it in and the prepared a trio of deserts for us which again wowed every one all this washed down with a nice selection of wine and implacable service really did make for a fantastic end to my wedding . I also piped back the next day to thank all the staff and had a little nosy around the kitchen such a clean and tidy one it is to no worries there .
So I would like to give a really big thank you to all the team at duo you really are doing a fantastic job and keep it up.
It's worth visiting Malta just to eat there

Reviewed October 3, 2011

Basically one of the best places i have ever eaten. I came here for my 21st birthday after finding it on here and it really was amazing, cant fault it one bit.
The staff were amazing and made the evening so easy to enjoy and the food is to die for, they made me a white chocolate cheese cake for my birthday, which was heaven and there is a brilliant choice of yummy cocktails!
Its basically like sharing food or a tapas and we basically orderd everything off the lightbites section and it was all beautiful and at a great price aswell.
Really great atmosphere and i would highly reccomend this place, especially if you are staying in Qawra.

Reviewed September 30, 2011

We had a meal here twice. Both times excellent. This food had flavor unlike the rest we tasted on Malta! Nice dishes, right prices, fantastic people (both Natasha and Jenny). The food is presented in a way that it is a pleasure to look at! Locals like to eat here as well. If ever in Qawra we would say: go there !!! Wish we could have tried more dishes! Thank you for two lovely evenings !! Reino and Hans (from Holland)