“Fantastic Dive School - this is where you should go”
Review of Scubanauts Dive School - CLOSED

Scubanauts Dive School
More attraction details
Owner description: Welcome to our underwater world, experience this extraordinary world by diving with the scuba diving instructors at Scubanauts dive school, Malta.Diving has never been made easier with Scubanauts, both experienced Scuba divers and newly qualified Scuba divers are welcome, we will tailor your diving to suit your needs.Our PADI professional instructors are amongst some of the friendliest and experienced professional divers Malta has to offer, Scubanauts dive school is known as the friendliest dive school on the Island, with many of our clients coming back year after year, we teach all of PADI dive courses in an informal, relaxed, and friendly atmosphere.
Reviewed June 24, 2011

Travelled to Malta in June and did the PADI open water course with my wife over 3 days with Marc.

This is a small dive school but I completely agree with previous reviews - Marc is a great teacher, patient, gives a personalised approach as well as lots of laughs. He wont mix you in with other groups like the larger dive schools. Additionally all the dives are in open water rather than the swimming pool (most dive centres do the first 2-3 dives in the swimming pool) so by the last few dives you feel so much more confident.

We did 7 dives in total and his price was very competitive. On top of this, Marc took us to a shipreck for the last dives in a different location. When we first arrived for the last 2 dives, the sea was rough, but rather than go to another less superior spot, Marc cancelled the dives and booked us in at another time in our holiday, that was convenient to us rather than him, at no extra cost, as he wanted to give us the best possible dives.

In and out of water, Marc was always patient with our questions , no matter how silly, and was fab in the water. The shipwreck and playing with an octopus were our highlights.

To be honest, this was the absolute highlight of our holiday and whether you are a beginner or a PADI divemaster, you would have a great experience in safe hands with Scubanauts.

3  Thank TamimLondon

Reviewed April 16, 2011

Took my 2 daughters aged 17 and 14 to Malta to complete their PADI open water and chose Marc because of good reviews and I am really glad I did. This is a small dive school but offers a personal, and personalised, service that we really appreciated. Both my daughters felt confident with Marc, he explained everything really well and was a superb instructor.
We did four dives over two days and I was able to go along on the dives as an already qualified diver. I cannot recommend them highly enough. Thanks to Kate for the lift afterwards and to Rose for helping rinse our kit.

7  Thank DougReid
Reviewed April 11, 2011

I have always wanted to dive since I was in my teens and then Scubanauts was recommended to me, this was an excellent holiday and an experience that I will never forget.
I did two diving courses and Marc (the instructor) took me from never diving to wrecks at 30 meters, with all the sea life. Marc was excellent, friendly, professional and provided all the equipment and training needed; nothing was a problem. The training was performed in the sea, on the house shore, which is on the beach and very a short walk from the shop and equipment. Once initial training was completed trips were provided to wrecks in Malta.
The best quality that Scubanauts provided was the 'personal training' and not just being treated as 'another number'. Scubanauts is excellent and I would recommend this dive school to anyone, I always felt safe in the water with Marc and he swims like a fish!! Due to this diving experience with Scubanauts, I have purchase all my own diving equipment and been back to scubanauts to complete my deep and wreck diving course.

4  Thank glyn_avery
Reviewed April 5, 2011

Finally a dive school that caters for its clients without trying to screw every penny out of you in the process! I found the family business run by Mark and Kate to be extremely friendly and very flexible to my groups needs. We were experienced divers looking for somewhere to get the best diving for us. Mark is a fantastic guide and knows all about the dive sites for our level. We even did a night dive on a wreck ( El faroud). Mark and Kate are people that value their customers and treat them so, taking as much time to chat at the end of the day and plan the next day without rushing off and shutting up shop.
You cant beat experience and knowledge. If you are considering doing any courses out here then this is a good school to use. Situated on the front in Bugibba under the Seaview Hotel it has easy access to the sea in front of the school. You can combine a stay in the hotel as well and if booked through Scubanauts get a discount.
I shall return and use them again.

2  Thank ClarkeP
Reviewed April 4, 2011

Scoured the Internet before hand and found Scubanauts site. Checked on a few sites and it seemed to have good words said about it. We emailed and Kate got back to us. Seemed friendly enough. Our trip was planned and diving booked.
On day 2 we were collected from the hotel by Marc in his posh polo and jacket and taken to the shop.
Having completed paperwork we did a check dive as it's been a few years. But all was ok after a few reminders from Marc.

Diving over the next few days was excellent. We did a few wrecks and reefs which we enjoyed.

We hired out the equipment from Marc, that was great thanks.

Collecting and dropping off daily was a bonus thanks.

Scubanauts was great. Could not do more to help and I can't tell you enough to go. I fully intend to spread the word and plan to return to see family and to dive again with them.

Thanks Marc, Kate and Rose for the great holiday.
See you soon I hope.

Try Scubanauts for your next trip. Small enough to care about your needs!! I recommend..

4  Thank Zaksmith4230