“Very flexible family run, catering for small groups in a relaxed atmosphere”
Review of Scubanauts Dive School - CLOSED

Scubanauts Dive School
More attraction details
Owner description: Welcome to our underwater world, experience this extraordinary world by diving with the scuba diving instructors at Scubanauts dive school, Malta.Diving has never been made easier with Scubanauts, both experienced Scuba divers and newly qualified Scuba divers are welcome, we will tailor your diving to suit your needs.Our PADI professional instructors are amongst some of the friendliest and experienced professional divers Malta has to offer, Scubanauts dive school is known as the friendliest dive school on the Island, with many of our clients coming back year after year, we teach all of PADI dive courses in an informal, relaxed, and friendly atmosphere.
Reviewed April 5, 2011

Finally a dive school that caters for its clients without trying to screw every penny out of you in the process! I found the family business run by Mark and Kate to be extremely friendly and very flexible to my groups needs. We were experienced divers looking for somewhere to get the best diving for us. Mark is a fantastic guide and knows all about the dive sites for our level. We even did a night dive on a wreck ( El faroud). Mark and Kate are people that value their customers and treat them so, taking as much time to chat at the end of the day and plan the next day without rushing off and shutting up shop.
You cant beat experience and knowledge. If you are considering doing any courses out here then this is a good school to use. Situated on the front in Bugibba under the Seaview Hotel it has easy access to the sea in front of the school. You can combine a stay in the hotel as well and if booked through Scubanauts get a discount.
I shall return and use them again.

2  Thank ClarkeP

Reviewed April 4, 2011

Scoured the Internet before hand and found Scubanauts site. Checked on a few sites and it seemed to have good words said about it. We emailed and Kate got back to us. Seemed friendly enough. Our trip was planned and diving booked.
On day 2 we were collected from the hotel by Marc in his posh polo and jacket and taken to the shop.
Having completed paperwork we did a check dive as it's been a few years. But all was ok after a few reminders from Marc.

Diving over the next few days was excellent. We did a few wrecks and reefs which we enjoyed.

We hired out the equipment from Marc, that was great thanks.

Collecting and dropping off daily was a bonus thanks.

Scubanauts was great. Could not do more to help and I can't tell you enough to go. I fully intend to spread the word and plan to return to see family and to dive again with them.

Thanks Marc, Kate and Rose for the great holiday.
See you soon I hope.

Try Scubanauts for your next trip. Small enough to care about your needs!! I recommend..

4  Thank Zaksmith4230
Reviewed February 8, 2011

For anyone who don’t know any dive schools or companies in Malta, I emailed 3 or 4 a few years back and Mark and Kate were the only ones that came back to me with answers to my questions, they were very helpful, Kate manage to arrange a hotel for me and got picked up when needed.

I liked the fact that they were only a small company, very friendly and made you part of the team... last year I volunteered my help just for the experience and I found it a laugh and was much appreciated.

I can recommend Scubanauts Dive School to anyone for learning how to dive and also for guiding on the dive sites, I had many a good dives with Mark, Kevin and Robert and miss being there for the fun and the closeness of the “family” environment…

The pick up truck has to be left to everyone’s interpretation.. but we got there with much fun and laughs… I think that is the way the Maltese drive! But all I can say is that I wouldn’t have any hesitation in recommending or going back to Scubanauts Dive School for my diving..

Have fun Guys!

Stewart Anderson.

2  Thank stewart051
Reviewed February 5, 2011

Been going back to Malta for 5 years. I first met Marc and Kate when she turned up with a big smile and welcomed me to Malta. Marc is professional helpful and generous. I have had many happy dives in Malta and gained lots of good experience through Marc and his team. Did my Deep, Wreck & Nitrox in Malta and really helped by Marcs professional attitude. It has been my best dive holidays ever.

4  Thank jonathanDiveDevon
Reviewed February 5, 2011

Visited Malta for my usual diving trip and this time took a friend along to complete his Open Water course with Scubanauts.
We chose to go out of season for a good price and the one on one instruction for my mate at the great beach location.
As usual, we were collected from the hotel in Sliema and taken to the new shop location in Bugibba.
Once paperwork was done and were kitted out I did the best wreck dive sites on the island and my mate did both his Open Water and Advanced during the trip.
Marc was great in instructing and making my mate comfy in the water.
What can I say....
Hired equipment was great and functional.
Collection from/ delivery back to hotels included.
Transport to dive sites.
First Aid/ Emergency Oxygen taken everywhere. (nice to see)
Staff looked smart in corporate shirts.
Knowledge on dive sites excellent.
Dive Breifings full and informative.
Dive shop location ideal for house reef dives and starter courses/ dive reviews.

Sorry Marc, but I will be back!! Thanks......

4  Thank padimsddiver