“Friendly welcome with excellent food”

The Plum Tree Bar & Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 101 Restaurants in Qawra
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Families with children, Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed December 11, 2012

My family and I have visited Malta on many occasions and there are a wealth of restaurants. The Plum Tree is one that we have returned to again and again, though. This is because it provides the best ingredients of an enjoyable meal out - a friendly welcome, excellent food, great choice, a willingness to accommodate requests, a great ambience and a reasonable price.

A family run restaurant that is great for families - many thanks to John and Joan for many enjoyable evenings.

McBrideSPB, Owner at The Plum Tree Bar & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2013

Thank you for your comments regarding your visits to The Plum Tree.
It is a pleasure to see you and your loved ones visit us on your holidays to our Island.

Reviewed December 1, 2012

The food served by John is the absolutely fantastic. Ask John to make you one of his specials. It cannot be beaten. On our last night, John made us a full rack of ribs with a special sauce, it was the best ever. The service is great and the atmosphere is brilliant. If you go to Malta, you must visit the plum tree. You will not be sorry.

1  Thank Craig G

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences of your visits to The Plum Tree.
It was a pleasure to meet you and we look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Malta.

Reviewed November 29, 2012

I have been going to Malta for a few years now and during my recent visit I stayed in Qawra .. I was over in Malta for a 10 night duration and had seen the Plum Tree rated highly on the Trip Advisor Website plus a friend and his Wife had also recommended that I try it .. During my stay in Qawra I visited the Plum Tree Restaurant five times and tried a different Meal on each occasion and every Meal that I chose was very nicely presented by their very pleasant and friendly staff .. The meals were all very nice .. On a couple of occasions John McBride the Chef/Owner came out of the Kitchen and offered to fine tune my meal so it was even more to my liking .. Now that's what I call a quality customer service .. But please don't just take my word for it give the Plum Tree a try yourselves next time your in the area !

Thank you for taking the time to review The Plum Tree.
We are glad you enjoyed your meals with us.
We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to Malta.

Thanks again

Regards

Reviewed November 23, 2012

as usual john and joan were the same perfect hosts as they always have are with john more than willing conjure up some of his speciality dishes given a little warning, with joan and the rest of the staff on hand to give you great service and a bit of a laugh , can't praise the plum tree highly enough the food is excellent .

Reviewed November 19, 2012

A great choice of restaurant if you want a lovely meal and friendly, efficient service without paying through the nose! Varied menu with full range of traditional Maltese dishes.