Just returned from a week in the Salina Wharf and bearing in mind some earlier reviews must say we were very pleasantly surprised.
The apartment was very well equipped, spotlessly clean and regularly cleaned with clean towels provided (towels for the swimming pool available free (deposit) from reception).
All of the Staff very pleasant and helpful.
On site facilities good with an outdoor pool for daytime plus an indoor pool for evenings (up to 22:00) both have plenty of sun beds to lounge about on.
Did not use the bar or dining facilities as we either ate out or ate in apartment. but others that we spoke to had no complaints.
Bugibba/Quarra is a good area to use as a base to see all the sights in Malta and there are plenty of good places to eat locally also good supermarkets locally to buy any food or drink that you need (all within easy walking distance), there are the usual touts but no worse than any other resort annoying thing is that the expats are the worst as they do not seem able to understand the words not interested (on more than one occasion I almost resorted to other words) this does not apply to the local Maltese who ask once and accept a polite no thank you.
It should be noted that while we were staying construction works are being undertaken on a building opposite the complex and this can be a bit noisy occasionally, also there are road widening works being undertaken on the opposite side of the bay where large rock breakers are being used and if the wind is in the wrong direction they do create quite a lot of noise from 08:00 onwards but this is completely outside of the control of the complex and did not cause us to much of a problem.
The best way to get around Malta is by the local bus service and even better is the 7 day ticket price has dropped from 13 to 6.50 Euro since last September be aware though the the buses can be very busy at certain times of the day, my tip is where possible try and use the various bus stations (one within reasonable walk of the complex) around the island that way you are usually first on the bus so get a seat.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Where family comfort meets the true splendor of the Mediterranean. Club Salina Wharf offers you a superior vacation, with all the facilities and necessities for a wonderful and relaxed holiday. It combines luxurious accommodation with plenty of amenities whether you are looking for a quiet getaway or a fun-filled vacation. The tranquil resort is located just two minutes walk from the inviting ...blue Mediterranean Qawra Front, a diving school and water sports facilities. The surrounding area known as Bugibba is bustling with a variety of restaurants, nightclubs, bars, a cinema complex, bingo hall, children’s activities, seaside promenade, shops and a casino.In-house facilities ensure you feel completely at home here. Relax by our indoor and outdoor pools, be entertained in our pub, well fed in our restaurant and welcomed by our friendly staff. Everything you require for your stress- free break is right here on your doorstep. General Information: At Club Salina Wharf we realize how much your holiday means to you and have tailored the resort to include the luxuries and facilities that guests appreciate most:• Outdoor swimming pool with adjoining children’s pool• Heated indoor swimming pool with adjoining children’s pool• Jacuzzis- Sauna• Billiard & games room• Internet Cafe• Outdoor competitions (seasonal), - Swimming races, Treasure hunts, Darts, Crafts. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets and Evoline ltd so you can book your Club Salina Wharf reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Club Salina Wharf Hotel Qawra
- Club Salina Wharf Malta/Qawra