“Please read this - we loved every minute of it”

and 1 more site!
Canifor Court Hotel Apartments
Ranked #13 of 14 Hotels in St. Paul's Bay
Reviewed September 8, 2011

I am back from Malta after two weeks stay in Canifor Court apartments. Service was excellent, apartment was cleaned daily and sheets changed 4 times in our two weeks stay and if you needed anything else staff were more than happy to help. We were self catering and apartment had everything family would need. Last week we opted to eat in the Hotel restaurant and food was excellent. Dining room could of been bigger but apart from that there is no other complaint from us. It is very good value for money and nice place for a holiday.

Room Tip: Ask for apartment on the street side and lower floor
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
5  Thank D P

Reviewed August 24, 2011

I love Malta and go many times but honestly I am not fussy but NEVER STAY HERE!!!! When we arrived the appartment was not "cleaned" or "ready" booked to stay in the Self Catering appartments as find t easy with kids. Had to wait 3 hours for the appartment to be ready. Had a look around the pool area as my son just wanted to go in the pool as most 11 year olds do, oh my god i got a paddling pool bigger than the pool!!!!! All the sun loungers were mouldy, there was rubbish all over the "pool Area".
When got key to the appartment, the door was like a prison door, walked in the sofa was ripped, the furniture throughout the appartment was chipped and dirty... All the glasses and plates etc were chipped and dirty. The cooker, well if that what you could call it was mouldy. The fridge was dirty and mouldy. There was marks all over the walls and all the curtains were dirty and hanging off. The bedroom area was dirty, blood on the 1 set of drawers, Fag burns in 2 out of the 3 beds bedding!!!! Ceiling fan was showing all wires and was very noisy and looked like going to fall of when turned it on. There was damp and mould all over the walls. The radiator or whatever it was that was in the bedroom was dirty and rusty... thebathroom well toilet hadnt been cleaned, mould on all the bath tiles and shower curtain. dirty bath. The balcony was dangerous all all dug up..oh the list is endless....please look at my photos.
Went straight to reception who were the most ignorant people i have ever met in Malta (never found people n Malta anything but helpful before) tried to explain that t was not acceptable, eventually got showed another appatment which was over a main road but was just as bad and also had more mould and damp than the first one. Contact the rep in malta who was too busy!!!!!!! Tryed to speak to the manager, what a waiste of time, the receptionist just informed me that "I get what I pay for" I could of hit her, no one in their rite mind would pay for that. Then the only person available to speak to us was the "Beverage Manager" and he accused us of dirtying the appartment ourselves.
Trying to get moved was proving a nitemare, contacted "SUNSAVE" who i booked with who were passing me from one department to another and told me they would get back to me that day, never did then when rang back for the 4th time they had shut..... Had to sleep in the appartment that nite but stayed out late and up early didnt unpack... Next day SUNSAVE said they had no other places to move us, but when i rang a different department and acted as if i wanted to book a hotel wow they had hotels. basicaly in the end I had paid "Sunsave" for my holiday to CANIFOR and cause they wouldnt move me I had to pay "SUNSAVE" again to go to another hotel. So ended up a very expensive holiday. We moved to Seashells @ Suncrest and what a lovely hotel (4star like the Canifor)
When speaking to other guests at the CANIFOR i couldnt believe the storys....1 couples bed was being held up with boxes!!!! The staff were know for stealing, one couple had all there electrical equipment stollen out of ther room. Someone else had their safe stolen off the wall!!!!
This hotel should be closed down, the first 2 days of our family holiday was ruined.
The second day when i went to get my cases out of the appartment the housekeeper had been in to make the beds but did not clean anywere that i complained about, unbelievable.
I have stayed in 2 star accomodation before now and have never ever seen anything as bad as this...... I love Malta and have stayed in many places but I do warn you if you stay there espeally if you never been to Malta before it will put you off and that is a shame. Please dont read this and think that i am just a fussy guest as i am not but do expect clean and helpful staff and the CANIFOR is not clean and the staff are the rudest I have ever met.

Room Tip: do not stay here, rooms are not even acceptable to house my dog!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank nikiuns
Reviewed August 17, 2011

I have just returned from a week "all inclusive" at the canifor hotel and it was awful.
The food was terrible no choice what so ever it was like eating at a school canteen, the wine was like drinking lighter fluid and the entertainment was non excistent. Tthe bar staff were pleasant enough but the restaurant and cleaning staff were awful, we had a knock on our door at 8 every morning for cleaning (EVEN WITH DO NOT DISTUB ON) and when we said not yet were told do it yourself!! The beds were made everyday and we were given some different crusty towels everyday,however the room was never swept or mopped and the same blob of toothpaste stayed in the sink all week!Tthe maids started the cleaning at 7.30 daily and sang with the radio on loud up and down the corridor, it wasn't a very restful holiday! If like us your reading this and our confused by the differering opinions, and think maybe we were just fussy and over reacting dont be this hotel is 2* maximum, we paid an all inclusive price and ate in the hotel 3 times! if you are looking for somewhere nice to go in buggibba all the restaurants attched to the dolmen hotel are lovely and there is a wonderful restaurant called smaltz opposite dianas bar whose breakfast is also good value for money. two give this hotel 4* is ridiculous!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
4  Thank HOLLIE C
Reviewed May 8, 2011

we arrived at the hotel with much trepidation after reading some of the reviews. well we can only say that the reviews are badly reported. this hotel was clean, well kept and the staff very friendly and helpful. the food was excellent with a great choice. buffet was by menu, although not totally throughout the day and evening. cooked whilst you waited and to a good standard. we found the apartment spacious, clean, well looked after by the maid. beds changed every other day and clean towels every day. the swimming pool was a bit small, and in the shade for some of the day, but i am sure during the hot summer months this would be appreciated. if you are an elvis presely fan this is the hotel for you, right next door to the elvis bar which had superb entertainment. i can only say that this hotel was good value for the money that we paid for the holiday.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank pricillaandelvis
Reviewed November 18, 2010

We booked this All Inclusive trip 3 weeks before we went and were a bit dubious after reading some reviews on here. However we were pleasantly surprised when we got there. The hotel was clean and and the staff friendly and helpful. We arrived at lunchtime and were shown to our apartment (which was on the top floor, so lovely views front and back), the apartment was basic, but clean, and was cleaned daily. The all inclusive meals were great too - plenty for breakfast, 3 course lunch and buffet type 3 course dinner. Not a day when the food was bad or there was something we didnt like. We will certainly be going back next year!

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
4  Thank alibabe1967
Reviewed April 14, 2010

This holiday was booked before using this excellent site (trip advisor) and we were horrified at the rubbish reviews. After arriving at this place we were amazed - amazed that everyone didn't rate it as terrible! It was horrible! We tried three rooms in the first twenty minutes. The first (404) has a ceiling full of green mould and the bed was worn through and VERY old. It was filthy and was set firmly in the seventies. The second one (027) was, again, filthy and stunk of cigars/pipes/tobacco. The walls were full of dirt and years of filthy hands. The last one was the best of a bad bunch but it didn't smell, had a big fan and we settled for this. That was until 5:30am when lorries very noisily emptied there loads at the back enterence (our room was directly above the loading bay). After they had gone we were then awoken by loads of chambermaids pushing trollies and filling up at the laundry room which was five feet away from our room. They chatted away like it was two in the afternoon - it was 6am!
We went to the welcome meeting and told the very helpful rep (Doris) that we wanted out - now! She arranged for us to move out that day to the Qawra Palace Hotel which was indeed a palace compared to this awful place. It cost us another 90 euros for the last six days and also cost us a day of packing and unpacking but it was much better than the fate of the two disabled people who had the room next door to us at the Canifor. We met them on the bus back to our airport carpark and they had stayed and had a dismal holiday which was ruined by the lorries and chambermaids. I felt very sorry for them and I hope they get all their money back as they looked very stressed after there 'holiday'. If you are reading this then please message me and I will contact you to help if you need it.
This hotel could only be offered to those who love seventies decor, bad food, snotty staff, loads of noise and filth. Bets look at the other four star hotels in the area. The Dulmen was expensive but the only one we saw that was worthy of the four stars.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 30, 2009

We enjoyed our holiday, but as for this hotel being All Inclusive, NO WAY. Hotel was very clean, but we did have our fair share of cockroaches. I personally would not return to this hotel, and would not recommend it. I was ashames to say that this was my home country.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
#5 of 14 in St. Paul's Bay
Hotel Santana
Hotel Santana
#4 of 14 in St. Paul's Bay

Been to Canifor Court Hotel Apartments? Share your experiences!